Coronado Springs - What Do I Need to Know?

erincon23

<font color=blue>Everyone must have gotten a life
We got some Pixie Dust today - we had planned a short stay at Pop for Jan 3. I've always stayed at the Values, and almost exclusively at Pop. But I got a call today saying we had been upgraded to Coronado Springs. I went there once - met my brother and his family, and had dinner there, but he wasn't overly happy with it (housekeeping left their door open, had some other issues). What do I need to know about this resort? Do they have a food court for a quick breakfast? The resort is huge - is there parking near all the different buildings? (I have mobility issues.) If we get put in a far building, how long could the walk be to catch a bus? Are the rooms larger than Values? I would assume they're nicer? I'm excited about the upgrade, but since the only person that I know has stayed there wasn't overly thrilled with it, I'm a little concerned.

I've stayed at the resort a few times prior to the new Tower opening. We've always enjoyed the resort.
Yes, the do have their own QS location. We also liked the lounge ( Cafe Rix - I think is the name ).
The pool is really nice too.

Reasons I would stay here again: we loved the theme, the Gran Destino Tower looks amazing. Even if your room is not in the Tower you can utilize the lounge and restaurant that is in the Tower itself ( this adds dining options in addition the the options in the rest of the resort ). The new over the water dining location is also a plus, IMO. Rooms are very nice here ( best in the Moderate category ), also IMO.

Oh and yes, each section has it's own parking areas.

Just returned from this resort. You are right, it is HUGE, Rooms are nice and very clean. Big screened television and a ceiling fan. Nice barn sliding doors for the bathroom. Park right outside the room. We were in Ranchos. It was very quite but far from food area. There is a bus stop at each section, with four total. The main stop shares with the tower. That is the LAST stop for pick up and for drop off. I would stay here again for the rooms. I did not love the grounds. It reminded of a desert. Did not use the pool because it was too cold. Hope that helps. Enjoy!

The resort is definitely large, but I didn't think it was so big that it was unmanageable. We have stayed their twice -once in Ranchos and once in the tower. The resort is beautiful, and since its the convention center hotel, it had some pretty great amenities (I honestly feel like its a deluxe level for a moderate price when you are staying in the Tower - and still very close to that in the main resort sections). The bus system was great in my opinion - better than the experience I've had at the values. There are only two negatives for us. In the tower, you can sometimes smell food cooking (like steak/grill smell) because of the restaurant and the ventilation system. On a Facebook group, people acted like I was crazy and never smelled it except for one other person who had smelled it too... so I don't think that is an issue all the time. The main issue for us is that we do not like the food court AT ALL. Both stays we tried the food court a couple of times and tried various dishes, and we just didn't find it to be very good. Some people seem to love it though. We would definitely stay here again for a short trip, but for a week long trip I wouldn't want to solely because of the food court and the need to be able to grab quick bites out of convenience with the kiddos sometimes.

We stayed her a few years ago. We loved it. This was our first moderate. The rooms are bigger. Not huge but bigger then a value. I loved the barn door style doors separating the 2 area. The pool was great too. The kids loved the slide and I there were not any blind spots (if I remember correctly) so it was easier to keep track of the kids.

I stayed there last June and am planning another stay there this summer. Both times for a conference, but we used all of the amenities and I really liked it!

Parking: There are parking lots near each area
Food: the Mercado (food court) is great and has a lot of options, Cafe Rix has delicious pastries and coffee service, there are a few bus stops around the resort (transportation to theme parks, etc.). I didn't try the other restaurants, but there are plenty of options!
Pools: The Dig Site (main pool) was easily accessible from each themed area of rooms. There are also smaller pools throughout the resort. The Dig Site looked really fun!
Rooms: the updated rooms are very nice!

There are bridges across the lake area, so you can walk across the water (instead of around it) to get to other areas of the resort. Nothing seemed too far away!

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!