Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

So... my March 2021.... do I have any hope?

No idea. I think the thing to watch in the industry right now is the RCL-Norwegian partnership in developing a health and safety standard which should be ready later this summer and see where it goes/how CDC reacts to it etc. I think it willbe a good indicator of where the industry will be going as kind of a whole.

Of course the virus is going to do its thing too. And Disney will also have its own timeframes which may be more cautious than others. But getting CDC and other regulator approvals is the first hurdle.

Where to start....

Great response.. thanks for posting it.

When I said I'm skeptical about vaccines, I meant it on a personal level and should have said skeptical about a very specific one that almost killed me...almost to the point that when I hear 'flu shot' I shudder..
Of course most, if not all vaccines, have helped eradicate a great deal of maladies around the world, they're a testament of human advancement in medical science.

You seem to know quite a bit about this.

Would love to coincide with you one day soon on the DCL.. and buy you a couple of drinks at meridian or coffee at cove cafe and chat more about this.

Cheers..

So until September 30th now? Does this impact any sailings that are still on the books or were most already cancelled

They were only canceled through 9/15, so a handful more will be affected. Not many, but the fact that the order was extended by two more months has me kind of giving up hope on our fourth attempt at a reschedule (in October). :(

They were only canceled through 9/15, so a handful more will be affected. Not many, but the fact that the order was extended by two more months has me kind of giving up hope on our fourth attempt at a reschedule (in October). :(
We are to sail on 11/7 out of San Juan. I have given up hope and at this point with PR requiring molecular negative Covid tests, I would be ok with it. Test results are so backed up in our area and I don't see that ending anytime soon as the virus is slowly rising again.

Given the fact that some cruise ships are still dealing with coronavirus outbreaks you can forget about any cruise leaving this year
I’m not even sure if they will run next year. Or at least not early next year. I wonder what this all means for the cruise industry.

There was a story in my newsfeed yesterday that said the White House told the CDC no cruises for the United States until 2021. I didn't read the story, only the headline and now I can't find it other than a Youtube video.

There was a story in my newsfeed yesterday that said the White House told the CDC no cruises for the United States until 2021. I didn't read the story, only the headline and now I can't find it other than a Youtube video.

Here it is. Definitely reads as conspiracy theory clickbait but who knows

Attachments

• F6A7DBC2-A116-4F1C-89A6-634CA37DFC4F.jpeg
    F6A7DBC2-A116-4F1C-89A6-634CA37DFC4F.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 31
Here it is. Definitely reads as conspiracy theory clickbait but who knows

Agree, read like it was written by poli/sci major and not a journalist. I miss the days when articles were written by journalism majors who knew how to site a source. Now most articles just say reportedly or anonymous source which is code for "we don't know if it's true but we're going to run with the story anyway". Surprised that there is no link included that shows what book they're selling (oh, never mind, at the end of the article it does ask you to check out his youtube channel).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter