Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

I just saw that P&O have cancelled all sailings until October 15, same as Virgin Voyages.

Like I said with VV, their circumstances are different. P&O dont have many cruises around the US and dont have much of a US fanbase/following, however, this time of year they have a large number of cruises in/around Europe, which seems to be opening up quicker than other places around the world.

Again, just another cruise line being more realistic if I'm honest.

Me too!! I am the admin of a September Dream facebook page. We are all on pins and needles. Many are very worried Disney has not pushed back the PIF date. We are now at the week Golds have to pay. We have read the other cruise line interviews and seen the restrictions of Disney World parks. Many, including me, will not sail if shows, characters, parties are limited. That is what you pay for on a Disney cruise. Some are "we sail hell or high water" others, including me, are about to cancel due to the lack of communication from Disney. I understand they are in new waters here, so are we. However, it is a lot of money to ask folks to hand over and be in penalty with if they aren't sure their sailing will happen or if the sailing will be different. It is now June, the virus has calmed down, but it is very much still around. Cases aren't in the zeros for most places. They are stable or down a bit. I understand they can't tell us when the CDC will let them go. But please tell us if there will be limitations to our sailings before the PIF dates. Parks are easier because payment and canceling are easier and closer to travel date. Cruises are not.

My husband literally said to me this morning "this is a lot of money to be worrying this much about a trip we always love to take".

I stand by my OPINION that Disney will not penalize after PIF date for folks who decide in the end not to go IF the cruises actually go (say in August or September for now)..whether it is because of reduced experience or concern for health reasons...I just don't think they will deny you 100% refund if you call and cancel with your concern.. it would just look bad to do so...

I stand by my OPINION that Disney will not penalize after PIF date for folks who decide in the end not to go IF the cruises actually go (say in August or September for now)..whether it is because of reduced experience or concern for health reasons...I just don't think they will deny you 100% refund if you call and cancel with your concern.. it would just look bad to do so...
I hope so, but my TA called, and they stated all regular policies are in place for non canceled cruises. :(

I'd actually rather they wait at this point and just give us the "real" announcement of when they are going to open. I don't want to go through another round of rebooking everything just to have them cancel on me again.

I used Expedia to book hotel and flights. I also bought their trip insurance for flights and hotel. Does anyone know, if border to Canada is closed and our flight was into Vancouver- would we be eligible for refunds? Would they have to cancel flights from the states with the border closed?

OK riddle me this.... why did DCL cancel the Wonder through September 14th only when the September 14th cruise is ALSO from Canada and isn't showing up on the website? Shouldn't it be through the 18th when they hit San Diego for the Mexican Riviera cruises with this batch?

OK riddle me this.... why did DCL cancel the Wonder through September 14th only when the September 14th cruise is ALSO from Canada and isn't showing up on the website? Shouldn't it be through the 18th when they hit San Diego for the Mexican Riviera cruises with this batch?
They include the September 14 cruise, they to only go by embarkation date

I used Expedia to book hotel and flights. I also bought their trip insurance for flights and hotel. Does anyone know, if border to Canada is closed and our flight was into Vancouver- would we be eligible for refunds? Would they have to cancel flights from the states with the border closed?
This is an interesting question because flights still are flying between Canada and the US. Not many of course right now but some are still going. I live in Vancouver and right now we have daily flights to Seattle, Dallas, and most recently they have added Los Angeles and San Francisco back on the schedule.

I hope so, but my TA called, and they stated all regular policies are in place for non canceled cruises. :(

This is what we were told too. On our PIF date, the CM told me that if we couldn’t go due to flights or our country locking down again (UK), but the ship was sailing, normal cancellation policy would apply.

As a result we cancelled, losing our OBC and PH discount. I have subsequently found someone on our cruise FB page was able to keep theirs. I’m going to email DCLto find out why the inconsistency.

This is what we were told too. On our PIF date, the CM told me that if we couldn’t go due to flights or our country locking down again (UK), but the ship was sailing, normal cancellation policy would apply.

As a result we cancelled, losing our OBC and PH discount. I have subsequently found someone on our cruise FB page was able to keep theirs. I’m going to email DCLto find out why the inconsistency.
No idea what the PH discount is, but you could have kept your OBC is you'd moved the cruise instead of cancelled it.

Anyone think more announcements will come this week?

I would certainly hope so. We're nearly 3 weeks since we've heard anything, which honestly, is kind of unacceptable. I know that we ALL are trying to be understanding. We ALL are trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm hoping they announce something about the Bahamas cruises for August/September too.

I certainly hope so. Sept 4th here, and just trying to make other plans if the cruise isn't going to happen.

Me too!! I am the admin of a September Dream facebook page. We are all on pins and needles. Many are very worried Disney has not pushed back the PIF date. We are now at the week Golds have to pay. We have read the other cruise line interviews and seen the restrictions of Disney World parks. Many, including me, will not sail if shows, characters, parties are limited. That is what you pay for on a Disney cruise. Some are "we sail hell or high water" others, including me, are about to cancel due to the lack of communication from Disney. I understand they are in new waters here, so are we. However, it is a lot of money to ask folks to hand over and be in penalty with if they aren't sure their sailing will happen or if the sailing will be different. It is now June, the virus has calmed down, but it is very much still around. Cases aren't in the zeros for most places. They are stable or down a bit. I understand they can't tell us when the CDC will let them go. But please tell us if there will be limitations to our sailings before the PIF dates. Parks are easier because payment and canceling are easier and closer to travel date. Cruises are not.

My husband literally said to me this morning "this is a lot of money to be worrying this much about a trip we always love to take".

That's kind of where I am. I don't care of the answer is no. If it's no, it's no. But, tell me now. Don't string me along for weeks. People have to make other arrangements if need be.

So glad to be cancelled today. I did have to call Costco three times which was a nightmare. Long wait times and several times they just hung up on me. I rebooked 8/10 Alaska for 7/30/2021 Northern European. My son was going with us to Alaska but isn't going with us to Europe (it's dd's graduation trip and he has no desire to fly to Europe). So they wouldn't apply his fare to the new booking it had to be refunded onto 16 gift cards. Also that meant I didn't get the extra 25% credit on his fare. I have no clue where the gift cards are so disney is emailing me 16 new gift cards. Yippee.

No idea what the PH discount is, but you could have kept your OBC is you'd moved the cruise instead of cancelled it.
Ah yes, so both together were your OBB? Then you could have kept it if you moved it (before the expire date) instead of cancelled. This is valid any time, not just during a pandemic.

I would certainly hope so. We're nearly 3 weeks since we've heard anything, which honestly, is kind of unacceptable. I know that we ALL are trying to be understanding. We ALL are trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I certainly hope so. Sept 4th here, and just trying to make other plans if the cruise isn't going to happen.

That's kind of where I am. I don't care of the answer is no. If it's no, it's no. But, tell me now. Don't string me along for weeks. People have to make other arrangements if need be.
I'm afraid that the Alaska cancellations were all the announcements we are going to get this week, but we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!