Costco Travel!

Thanks, yes I have been continuing to check. I have it for $430, its currently at $1430 for the same car rental company, Enterprise is the cheapest at $542.
Costco Budget rental just went down again today, now $175 for suv! I looked at my rental last year, I had Alamo full size car for $204 x 12 days, I guess spring break prices are higher. Mine was in August.

Costco Budget rental just went down again today, now $175 for suv! I looked at my rental last year, I had Alamo full size car for $204 x 12 days, I guess spring break prices are higher. Mine was in August.

Spring Break is high, but remember my rental is for a Van, a much more expensive vehicle to rent. I have gotten regular cars for dirt cheap, I still remember the time I got a car for $5(plus taxes) a day and when I got there they had run out, so they offered me a van, I said no, so they said, well we have a Camaro Convertible if you want that(instead of a compact), in Fort Lauderdale, ummmm yes please.

Spring Break is high, but remember my rental is for a Van, a much more expensive vehicle to rent. I have gotten regular cars for dirt cheap, I still remember the time I got a car for $5(plus taxes) a day and when I got there they had run out, so they offered me a van, I said no, so they said, well we have a Camaro Convertible if you want that(instead of a compact), in Fort Lauderdale, ummmm yes please.
I usually rent a standard or full size car, but this time the SUV was cheapest option. One time the minivan was cheapest option! They must have had a ton of vans. I rented it but when I got back to the garage I asked if I could get a full size car instead.
A Camaro Convertible would be sweet!

Right now the cheapest is $450 US for a minivan :( Expedia is only $350 CDN

If you book with Expedia, are you locked in? Costco rates fluctuate a lot. My LAX rates have gone up and down within a range of $200 in the past 3 weeks.

Last edited:

Just took a look at the van rental prices. I was hoping to save a bit but as I figured all the vans that were under $600 on Expedia all charge extra fees for out of province/country per day. Anywhere from $10 to $26 a day, that would add another $110-$290 plus tax to the price, plus the second driver charges. Glad that I got the Costco deal when I did.

Yeah, something bizarre happened this year. Alamo out of YYZ jumped it's van prices about a month ago for March break, but Enterprise then settled in on one price and didn't move again. If you didn't lock something in before that, there was no movement.

I think it's because auto companies aren't making as many vans, so the rental companies might not be buying as many. They might be investing in SUVs instead, which are more expensive to rent (and purchase) than a van.

Another word of caution when we traveled to Calgary stampede last summer picture it me 4 kids on my own , flight delayed had a reservation and when I got to the counter like minutes before they closed .. no cares left I was like what I have a reservation their response was you were late?
Apparently unless you prepay a reservation is worth zero if your flight is delayed.
I got crabby didn’t work I started to bawl boom they miraculously found a car that hadn’t been cleaned yet ( not a trace of dirt in it).
Be careful..
When are you off to lax? Big kid and I are going In August

If you book with Expedia, are you locked in? Costco rates fluctuate a lot. My LAX rates have gone up and down within a range of $200 in the past 3 weeks.

Another word of caution when we traveled to Calgary stampede last summer picture it me 4 kids on my own , flight delayed had a reservation and when I got to the counter like minutes before they closed .. no cares left I was like what I have a reservation their response was you were late?
Apparently unless you prepay a reservation is worth zero if your flight is delayed.
I got crabby didn’t work I started to bawl boom they miraculously found a car that hadn’t been cleaned yet ( not a trace of dirt in it).
Be careful..
When are you off to lax? Big kid and I are going In August

Going in mid May.

I strongly encourage people to use https://www.autoslash.com to track (or even get) car rental quotes. They will automatically notify you of cheaper rates for your reservation. I use them for every car rental reservation I've had for past few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter