Could disney change DVC resale terms to mimic Riviera?

disney_kings

Earning My Ears
Hi - I am casually researching buying a resale contract. It appears over time Disney has chipped away at some of the perks that come with a resale DVC membership (ex - discounts on AP and dining/shopping).

I'm curious if it possible for them to eventually modify resales to have the same limitations they are now placing on the Riviera - that being that you could only stay at the home resort originally purchased for and not the other 13 classic resorts?

No

The way they managed it for Riviera is to.change the terms by which it joined Buena Vista Trading, the trading association.

They cannot change the terms on the O14 retroactively without enough legal trauma and expense as to make it not worth it.

The home resort advantage and 7 month stuff are not perks. They are part of the real estate interestt.

I thought they could change the home resort booking window. By this I mean they could change the 7 - 11 month window to 8 - 11 months.

I thought they could change the home resort booking window. By this I mean they could change the 7 - 11 month window to 8 - 11 months.

Yes. But it is a universal change. They couldn't have one set of rules for direct and one for resale.

We discussed it in a different thread here. See https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...e-dvc-resale-contracts.3743950/#post-60477072 for more thoughts and opinions.

And my answer is still the same, so I will copy and paste it here :) :

I doubt it will happen or else it would have happened already. Like _auroraborealis_ said, they probably already explored the legality of it already, and decided they couldn't, that's why we ended up with Riveria and future DVC resorts being the way it is along with the O14 being the way it is.

Great3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!