• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Could someone explain early entry at DLR?

ADisneyQueen

DIS Veteran
It seems to be different than at WDW. Do they only open Fantasyland? I am trying to find out if it would benefit us to stay at the DL hotel in mid-March. I am guessing EE would be around 8. My other choice is to stay at the Candy Cane and buy the tickets where you get one EE. Help!

ADisneyQueen said:
It seems to be different than at WDW. Do they only open Fantasyland? I am trying to find out if it would benefit us to stay at the DL hotel in mid-March. I am guessing EE would be around 8. My other choice is to stay at the Candy Cane and buy the tickets where you get one EE. Help!
EE has been a moving target at DLR in recent years. Right now the policy is to be open for EE on Mon, Tue, Thurs, & Sat. I am not sure how far out DLR is claiming to offer EE.

We were there a couple weeks ago. They opened (most of) FantasyLand, Buzz LY, Space Mtn, and (I think) Astro Orbiters. We only did FL, so I did not see the TL rides during EE.

Prior to our Aug 1-4 trip, DLR only allowed those with pre-purchased, multi-day parkhopper "bonus" tickets to get EE, and that was for one day during their visit. Then, all of a sudden, the week before our trip they started to allow DLR hotel guests in for EE for each day that EE was available. But this was not and still is not widely publicized. We stayed at a good neighbor hotel, and thus got EE once.

If you have children, doing EE multiple days would be hard when DL opens at 8AM (with a 7AM EE). When it opens at 9AM or even 10AM, it would be much more doable and worthwhile. I believe park hours in March are usually shorter, so the EE thru a DLR hotel (if it is still offered in March) may be a better bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter