Countdown Celebration

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
Can someone that has been to one of the Countdown Celebration things tell me what to expect. I have found out that the last one is happening during my trip and I so very much want to go.

What is the deal with vouchers, etc., I know there will be more listed on Dizpins, but I am looking for info on what has happened in the past at the other ones.

I am not sure how they will arrange the August event, but I can't imagine that it will be anything like the past events.
Here is how it worked in the past:
You get up at an ungodly hour, usually 3 a.m. and go wait in line. You watch as others join behind you. Unfortunately, even though you have been in line since 3:30, there are some who show up at 6 and hop in to line with their friends, moving you back farther away from that Le of 1000. (but I digress, I could go on for hours on that subject)
At about 7 they begin to hand out vouchers and depending on your place in line, you will get a voucher entitling you to 1, 2 or 3 pins.
You are also given a little 8x11 card with questions on the back for you to answer. The pin event information is explained to you on the little slip of paper they pass out to you while waiting in line. I guess they figured that if they give us reading material we will stop complaining about the people cutting in line in front of us.
Then you leave your line and go wait in another line. You see, they have given out the vouchers but you still have to wait another hour or two for the park to open.
Once the park opens you can either go to buy the pins listed on your voucher or go to the different areas to get the stamps you need on the back of the 8x10 card. Once you get all the stamps you will be given a free pin, and thus ends another event. Now all you have left to do is ride the rides and go to the meets that night.
The August event will be held for 4 days at the MIllenium village. I don't think they will be doing the cards for the free pin But as of now I am not sure what they will be doing. I can tell you thought that the events are lots of fun, and I love meeting so many traders in one place. I can't wait for August. Peggie

The one that is happening while I am there is at the Contemporary. Wonder how that will go? Any problem if you show up in your jammies
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter