Couples Itinerary for nighttime in each park

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Going to WDW in December with my DH, 2 DD's, & my parents. We are staying at AKV. My parents offered to watch the kids every night so my DH & I could head back to the parks for some nighttime fun.

What are our must do activities in each park, as a couple, at night? I'm not concerned with rides-we will hit what we want in the day. Just looking for other things to do in each park?

Thanks!

Don't know the ages of your children, but if they have height limits for rides then go on the rides they can't do at night.

We always like the fireworks or laser shows at the parks. Maybe, consider a dessert party or two for the fireworks.

If you drink alcoholic beverages then World Showcase in Epcot can be fun. In December there are special Christmas storytellers that you might enjoy in World Showcase. These storytellers are available in the day time but your kids may not enjoy it; so, you can do this without them. Also, you have the Candlelight Processional you can go to, as well.

You can go to a Mickey Very Merry Christmas party if they fall on your dates.

Hollywood Studios has Jingle Bell, Jingle Jam.

You can do a spa treatment together, but that wouldn't be in a park.

DH and I are headed to WDW in late October/early November for our honeymoon! I too would love to know itineraries but especially for Epcot. Yes, we will be there for the Food & Wine Festival but would love to hear ideas from you about things you just can miss out on. Thanks a bunch! :)

It's not in the parks, but go to Jelly Rolls at the Boardwalk! I also think doing some rides at night is more fun than during the day, like Everest and Astro Orbiter. So don't rule out rides entirely! You could do a fancy sit down dinner sans kids, like at Chefs de France or Ohanas or California Grill, somewhere you can watch fireworks from without having to be jammed into the crowd in the parks.

The Candlelight Processional at Epcot. It was the highlight of our 2011 trip.

World Showcase in Epcot, Trader Sam's at the Poly, Boardwalk... all great places for adults. :) Honestly, just strolling through any park people-watching would be great.

Have fun! That's great of them to watch the kids for you.

We go out some nights, adults only, and mainly go to Epcot World Showcase. We love taking our time looking in all the shops, and checking out all the details we can't take in as easily when marching around with an inpatient child. We've been to AK to watch the tree of life projection, and this year it'll be ROL. MK is the most special place to us, and we love going at night when it's all lit up (we always visit over Christmas), again we look around all the shops at the grown up areas, rather than the toy section, enjoy some nice food and drink treats, and just soak up the atmosphere.

We have always had a 'monorail resort' night, but with the changes to security this year we may give it a miss as we'll have to go through security at each resort before boarding the monorail for the next.

Not parks but a nice date night meal at calafornia grill. Or even skippers canteen in mk if your adventures in food and the kids aren't
We have had beverages at trader sams at the polly
Big thunder and test track are great after dark

We, too, love our adult Disney time! We LOVE Epcot - as previous posters said, it is fun to walk through the countries, shopping, drinking and snacking around the World Showcase. We also always do a Monorail Drink-a-Thon (especially Trader Sam's and Mizner's, with a finish at California Grill. We also discovered an awesome event at the Contemporary called Savor, Sip, and Sparkle with sparkling wine, appetizers, desserts, and exclusive fireworks view. We love the personalized passports we found online (PM me if you want details) for the Drink Around the World Showcase, Showcase Snacking, Monorail Drink-a-Thon, and there is even one for Disney Springs (I can't remember what it is called). Oh, and they have a fun one for kids, where they learn to say Hello in each country in the World Showcase (I know that doesn't fit your question, but thought you might be interested for your kids.)

You are sure to have a great time, just having time together!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter