Covid Creativity

ottawamom

The "Air Miles" Lady
What are you doing to be creative during this time.

I promised on some thread to post a picture of the quilt I was working on when it was finished. For the life of me I can't remember which thread it was so I thought I would start a thread where we can share pictures of what we're doing to be creative.

Gardening, building a deck, painting a rock, painting a room etc. All photos welcome.

Oh I love it!
ottawamom
Such beautiful treasure you have made.

I have been French Knitting a Christmas Tree Garland and just finished it.
I do need to sew on some small red heart shape buttons.
(the theme is The Grinch) . I found yarn that is 100% cotton and it is so much nicer than itchy wool.
It is 50 Ft long.

I'll try to post a pic later.
xBKxTze.jpg

Next up is a larger loom & a scarf for my Granddaughter.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

Who am I kidding, it's going to end up in a ball at the end of his bed. Quilts are tough though they can take it.

@bababear_50 that looks like a lot of work. Do you have a special loom that does it?

(Just looked it up. I used to call that corking. Probably some old english version of the same thing) My grandfather made one for me when I was little out of a wooden spool with nails on the top and a hand tool with another thicker nail in it that he cut the end off and rounded off.

Yeah I kind of challenged a bunch of kids during online school to find a Hobby and then I had to get one too. With no real crochet/knitting skills I remembered my gramps making me a small french knitter (corking).

The one I used was this
1597795393761.png

The next one is this size

1597795515586.png
I certainly helps with focus and stress,,,which we all need these days.

Hugs
Mel

I have to share that I've been inspired by Jacqueline's creativity!!:lovestruc
Quoting her post here:

"I said i would share pictures of my finished pottery items once i picked them up. Wish it didn't cost so much to do this, nice way to spend some time and end up with something other than masks!!
Here they are, milk jug and 2 butter dishes - purple one is mine (Duh!) and blue one is hubby's"

They are so beautiful and have such a Disney flare to them!!

I checked online and I have a Pottery shop near my Sobeys store and I plan to visit and see if I can find something to make over the LONG winter months.
Crock A Doodle Mississauga
Wayne Cardinalli Pottery
Glazed Expressions Paint Your Own Pottery & Glass Fusing Studio
Potluck Pottery Studio
Dale Mark Pottery

and in Guelph
Blue Iris Studios Pottery
Play with Clay-Guelph
By Hand and Fire - Waterloo

Thanks for the inspiration Jacqueline!!
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Only creative projects I did are to have three beach pics printed by Mixtile and I baked my youngest DD her birthday cake/cupcakes. Special cakes for their birthday is a tradition here, party or no party! I just made a smaller cake than I would have if she had a party.

image.jpg

332ECB1D-3E95-4E37-B7AF-C42F5449F928.jpeg

Edit: beach pics are upside-down and I cannot figure out how to fix that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter