coworker newbie going to Disney 2 days next week

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
On lunch coworker one says hey coworker two is going to Disney next week.

Sweet I love to talk Disney, I pop by their desk.

They say yeah I need to buy 2 day hopper tickets today, I asked what is your plans; response going 2 days, 1 Disney 1 universal. (And they can affordable the trip)

I pop back by and they say 2 day ticket 247, I asked what site, I had priced a 2 day ticket for my son and I had seen $279ish. As they were showing me the site, I asked child ticket? So they are ready to hit the buy ticket I said wait what did that say right there, it says Disneyland. I said that says Disneyland - response yes. I said you need Disney world Florida, those are Disneyland California tickets.

So then I popped back by later and said you should just buy one ticket for Disney and one ticket for universal, response that is why I want hopper tickets. My response Disney is these four parks. Universal is a park over here and it is not a Disney park they are two different companies. You can not hop to there. Response - oh.

They think it will not be busy on a Saturday, I did look one site said moderate level. No FPs made. No actual thoughts for the trip. 2 adults 2 kids. Staying coco keys - I don't know that one.

Remember the days when you just winged it? Son and I are going with the flow for a two park day trip in January we do have FPs made and a tour for one day, and no food ressies.

So then I popped back by later and said you should just buy one ticket for Disney and one ticket for universal, response that is why I want hopper tickets. My response Disney is these four parks. Universal is a park over here and it is not a Disney park they are two different companies. You can not hop to there. Response - oh.

Ouch.

When I used to get surveys they always had the question of “were you aware before today that Universal and Disney irks are separate?” So I always knew those people were out there...

Man, a 2 day ticket is bad enough. 2 one day tickets is worse.

(I swear I watch what I type as I type it. I do not know why autocorrect typos persist when I watch and proofread! Ugh. )

Last edited:
On lunch coworker one says hey coworker two is going to Disney next week.

I'm reminded of a co-worker, a smart woman but uninformed about Disney, who came back from a visit to WDW with her young daughter and told me she hated it. I asked "How long did you stay?" She replied, "A whole hour, but it was just a row of shops and it started raining when we got to the square where you can see the castle, so we left."

Yikes!

And on a similar note, a couple of relatives took their family to Williamsburg, Virginia some years ago. First they passed through Amish country in Pennsylvania--on a Sunday--and were unhappy because nothing was open--in Amish country on a Sunday. Hmm. A couple of days later they drove into Williamsburg, walked into the center of the main quadrangle, looked around, then left and went to a nearby amusement park because "there's nothing in Williamsburg but some old buildings." They skipped the orientation movie at the entrance, didn't go inside a single building or see a single exhibit or demonstration, didn't listen to a single docent, didn't stay for any of the mock trials or other cool evening activities, and to this day they tell everyone that Williamsburg is just a row of empty buildings with nothing to do.

Yikes!

These are the same people that call you crazy when you tell them you are booking a vacation at 11 months out. It gives me a chuckle when people don't research the trips they book. Family & friends may call me "obsessive"- I'm just trying to make the most of my trip!

That is the type of person who will come back and say they had a horrible trip and will never go back -- simply because they are uneducated, but they will blame WDW not themselves. Disney is a crazy beast to try and attack. I feel bad for them - park hoppers for universal and WDW -- poor souls. People think i am crazy at work because i am excited about going to disney in april and am already planning a return trip in December, but again those are the people that don't get disney- never went or just never really understood how to experience WDW.

You'll have to report back on how their trip was.

Thats what they get for using work computers and probably some company time to plan vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter