Cozumel-Grand Cayman-Jamaica excursion suggestions

goofy4prez

A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!
I asked about a specific excursion on a different thread with no response. Perhaps it was just a bad title with little attention and too specific on an excursion. I'll try again on this one since I am making my excursion selections at midnight tonight for our cruise in June on the Fantasy.

There will be three of us. I'm 55, my DW 53 and our DD21. We are not big beach fans so we really don't want to sit on the beach in each port. Castaway Cay is good enough for us and perhaps a couple of hours at one of the ports for our time at the beach.

Which excursions out there would you all recommend. I'd love to hear your experiences and recommendations. Thanks all.

Falmouth - id recommend one of the tours at Good Hope Estate. There is a lot of history and the house itself is intriguing. We had our little ones with us so just did the tour with extra time with the birds and pool, but I met a couple who did the one that included tea and enjoyed it.

Hi goofy4prez,
We just returned from this itinerary. To me a day at the beach would be a day of torture. We do not normally do Disney excursions (too expensive) but this time we did do a couple. I think both excursions were way overpriced for what we did so maybe you can find an outside group if you choose to do what we did. :)

Cozumel - CZ73 - Cozumel Highlights, Ruins and Discover Mexico Cultural Park $76 adults
The first part of this tour was fun, educational. We went to a pre-Columbian Mayan site and walked about. The second part was rushed and not nearly so fun/education. We did have lunch which probably would have been good if the food had been hot but everything was room temperature. If you can find a way to just go to the pre-columbia Mayan site, then I would recommend you do that excursion.

George Town, Grand Cayman - we just walked about and grabbed lunch.

Falmouth -FA28 - Chukka Taste of Jamaica at Good Hope Estate $75.00 adults
Another excursion which again I would suggest you try to find a different (not Disney) tour if you decide to visit the "Good Hope Estate". It was a good experience but way overpriced. The lunch though was great. If I could just go for the lunch I would but the "tour" was subpar. The lunch was AWESOME!

Click on the photos if you wish to see a larger photo. :)

Kate

Cozumel:

1 .jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Falmouth:

8.jpg 9.jpg IMG_6426.jpg

Last edited:
In Jamaica, If there are no mobility issues, then I would HIGHLY recommended the Dunn’s River Falls walk and lunch. My family, and I, did it last year when we went and loved it so much that we are going back next year to do it again
Have fun in your trip with whatever you decide to do

We planned excursions on our own. In Cozumel we are going to do a dolphin swim at an eco park. In Jamaica we arranged for a private driver to take us to see a few sites such as the Blue Hole. In Grand Cayman we are doing Acquarius Sea Tours 3 site snorkeling.

We did Dunn's River Falls and the Bobsleds. Total blast. We had no idea that you actually walked up through the falls and there wasn't much information about it. We saw a video where people were in the water in some of the pools that there are partway up so we decided at the last minute to put our swimsuits underneath our clothes. Not everyone on the tour had done so; some just walked up by the falls rather than go in with their regular clothes. I was so glad we'd made that last minute decision. Really fun.

In Grand Cayman we've done the snorkeling in the harbour over the boat wreck and we've done the turtle farm. We're also totally not beach people so the third time we went, we stayed on the ship. If it hadn't been a tender port we might have walked around the shops for a bit but we felt that we'd really seen and done everything we were interested in there and tendering is just a pain.

In Cozumel, we've gone to Tulum and to Chichen Itza. Both are very long distances so you don't get to spend much time there and it's brutally hot. I did enjoy both - they were both on my bucket list but it's something you have to go into knowing that you won't have much time and you'll spend a lot of it on a bus. Our friends did a cave tour - wetsuits and head lamps type of cave tour. They really liked it. If we go back, we'll probably do that next.

Haven’t been but we’re going this July. I was thinking of booking xcaret in Cozumel but seems very far for somewhere you will need more time. For a Grand Cayman, we booked with Acquarius Tours where it goes to stingray city starfish point and snorkeling. For Jamaica, we’re thinking of Dunn river falls and dolphin cove. :) seems like there are quite a few choices, depends on what you’re more interested in. :)

We did an amazing tour in the Cayman Islands. It was an Eco-tour, and we took a van to tour the island, then got on a boat to see the mangrove, pet the jellyfish, etc. Yes, we got to pet jellyfish. Then we saw the iguanas (which were huge). We stopped at hell and at the beach. Best outing I've done in the Caribbean.

We were Cozumel and Grand Cayman back in 2010. The excursions might have changed, but here’s what my family did.

In Cozumel we went to Channakaab with a tour of a cultural museum with lunch. We snorkeled at the Channakaab resort. They also have a swimming lagoon, pools, plenty of chairs and umbrellas. They also a place to get lunch and cocktails. And they also had a botanical garden, that we didn’t get a chance to see. I wish we could’ve stayed at this resort longer but part of the package was also a visit to a cultural art type of Museum, which was very interesting. It had outside miniaturesdisplays Of Mexican City, ruins and plus cultural attractions. We had lunch there which was very nice. And they brought out a piñata for the children to hit. There also was a giant snack to hold, which my son had the honor of holding. No one else in the group wanted to hold the snake.

Grand Cayman is not to be missed. Even if you’re not beach people. The water is some of the clearest and beautiful that I’ve ever seen. My husband and I spent our honeymoon on Grand Cayman. The downtown area is very nice for shopping and there are some nice restaurants. The people are lovely and wonderful. You could also visit the turtle farm, botanical gardens and many other lovely things without going to the beach. But if you can get yourself on the beach just to wad out to the clear beautiful water, which has 100 feet of visibility. It is a diver’s paradise.

We have never been to Jamaica so I have nothing to say about that.

We will be in Grand Cayman in January 2020, when we sail on the Magic out of Miami. I am looking into the Rum Point and stingray excursion. That looks lots of fun, with a boat ride, feedimg stingrays and snorkeling and a couple hours at Rum Point for lunch and chilling.

I would have recommended "Save A Sea Turtle Experience" in Cozumel... But I believe your cruise may be a bit too early in the season.

I'd keep the limited beach days for Grand Cayman only (Royal Palms?). This is THE place for a beach day.

We did the following on our recent cruise:

Cozumel: Private tour to San Gervasio ruins with Tours Plaza. My family really enjoyed the ruins. We enjoy history and the outdoors and this was a good combo of both. You get to look at ruins in a jungle location with a good variety of wildlife, especially birds. We stopped at the beach after, but you can combine the ruins with non-beach things like chocolate factory, tequila tasting, etc.

Jamaica: Private tour to Green Grotto Caves with Courtney Taylor. These were really neat caves and by going private we beat the ship tours and had the caves to ourselves. We did a beach stop after, but we could have done lunch, shopping or historic sight seeing instead.

Grand Cayman: Atlantis submarine through the ship. I would recommend this if you haven't done a sub because the novelty of it was very cool. If you have been on a sub, then you might not be as excited as I was. The sub takes you 100 feet down to see reefs and there were a good variety of fish and other marine life. We also go to see the drop off after the "shelf" that's near Grand Cayman, which was interesting.

We just got back last month. We did a horseback riding excursion through the Mayan ruins in Cozumel and the Adventure Zipline in Jamaica at Good Hope Estate. Both were so much fun! Would do them both again!

For a Grand Cayman, we booked with Acquarius Tours where it goes to stingray city starfish point and snorkeling.

How was your tour with them? We’re booked with them in a few months. Was getting the required early tender difficult?

How was your tour with them? We’re booked with them in a few months. Was getting the required early tender difficult?
Sorry but I had to cancel my cruise last minute so I can’t really answer at this time.

I did snorkeling on GC. It was okay.

We did a cave tour that was really good that I would recommend. You swim. It’s pretty awesome. I forgot the name, but if you look up the excursions, it’s pretty obvious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter