CP Dinner Package - Restaurant Question

lizanne

DIS Veteran
I asked on the Restaurant Board but thought I give it a try here.

We couldn't get our first choice for CP Dinning for Dec 1 (LeCellier), so my husband booked The Rose and The Crown.

I looked up their menu and I wasn't impressed. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of this restaurant.

Thanks for any input.

BettyAnne

We have done the CP/Rose & Crown combo twice and since we had the early seating for CP we requested an Illuminations seating. It worked out so well that we did a repeat the next year. The food is pretty good and each one in our party always finds something good to try. I know DH is happy w/ a steak and the Scottish lager that he loves.
Give it a try, I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

My first time at R&C I wasn't impressed. Since then it's become one of my favorite places. I didn't think I'd like Stilton cheese and found I love it. I wish I could recommend something but the menu was different everytime I've been. My all time favorite was a steak smothered in Stilton cheese.

Cyn

We always enjoy going to the Rose & Crown. The cast members always seem to be especially friendly and down to earth. We're partial to the prime rib and bangers and mash entrees.

Hope you enjoy it!

I did the CP package at Rose and Crown 2 years ago and loved it. I had the Salmon, which I thought was really good. However, I recently saw someone reported that their salmon there was dry. Oh, well-I liked the salmon.

Thanks everyone.

I think as long as Salmon and Steak are on the menu we'll be ok.

We're doing an early dinner so that we can do the late CP. Someone suggested we do it this way so that we would have the full advantage of the dark with the candles.

Well the ressies are made and I'm just happy to be going during the Christmas Season.

We always eat or CP at R&C, so they must be doing something right!
I think it is a combo of pretty good food, great service, and wonderful seating for Illuminations.

Now for my question. In the past I always got the mushroom medly (the best part of the meal for me). It seems that it has been replaced with Mushroom Ragout. Anyone tried this mushroom appetizer?

Sorry, Rose and Crown is one of my least favorite restaurants. We ate there once and it surely wasn't the best meal I ever ate. Not quite the worst, either. But not up there anywhere in the top 15. Closer to the bottom with Rainforest Cafe (both AK and DTD). We won't go back.

We're also trying it for the first time on Dec. 6. The other restaurants in that Tier just didn't look as appetizing as the R&C menu.

Hopefully we'll all love it and make it a return restaurant!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter