CP Fall 06

Good luck with your chosen rides you guys! Now... I have an insy little question. I got into Operations, but didn't apply for it (well on the phone I told my recruter I'd do it if nothing else was open). And we didn't talk about rides at all. Does this mean I won't be working on a ride?

C.C.H.M. said:
Good luck with your chosen rides you guys! Now... I have an insy little question. I got into Operations, but didn't apply for it (well on the phone I told my recruter I'd do it if nothing else was open). And we didn't talk about rides at all. Does this mean I won't be working on a ride?

Not necessarliy but I know operations could be other things like park greeter. I suppose you could always call your recruter and ask to be sure.

Mirage said:
Wow, I hope you get it! I arrive on the 28th too, and I'm in Operations as well. My recruiter said she wanted to put me in the Haunted Mansion, so that might be where I end up. :]

The Hanuted Mansion is the best ride of all time!! I love it when they say "Please step to the center of the room, THE DEAD CENTER hahahahah" :hmghost:

So I have a question:
I have heard that employees can audition to be in the candlelight processional, anyone know anything about this?
I'm in choir at my college and this would be really fun to do.

Aug. 28 is my arrival date too! I'm going to a Lifeguard, unless I fail the tests, and then I'll be somewhere else! Operations will be so fun, congrats!

It's official! :banana: I'll be down there this Fall working Full Service Food and Beverage (which pretty soon, I will refer to as FSFB because that's just too long!!). I had to get one of the late arrival dates (9.4.06) because a friend of the family is getting married and I want to be there. Hope to see some of you down there!! :wave2:

Hey guys! I've just accepted my role as a Character Performer for Fall '06! My arrival date is September 4th!!! YAY! :jumping1:

AWSOME!! MAJOR congrats. I know this was probably asked, but how tall are you?

Joanna71985 said:
AWSOME!! MAJOR congrats. I know this was probably asked, but how tall are you?
I'm 5"1. It said online Face Character. So, including face and non face characters, do you know which ones are in my height range?

Another thought: I'd like to get to know people more in general going this fall, but specifically those arriving with me on the 4th. Feel free to email me on here or at hegglest@emich.edu.

Oh, and Harmony272: your reply with "the dead center" to a previous post made me laugh. I love that ride.

:wizard:

MissHolly said:
I'm 5"1. It said online Face Character. So, including face and non face characters, do you know which ones are in my height range?

*scratches head* I'm about your height and I've been to auditions in Orlando, (though I did politely decline, as I had no idea they wanted me to dance in parades and that just freaks me out!) When I was in flip flops, I was told that for fur characters I'd be either Mickey or Minnie.. but when I was at the interview in my Docs which raise me about an inch or two, they said Chipmunks. I highly doubt I have the facial structure they're looking at for face characters, but I'd say it's a good bet that girls our size would be playing Wendy or Alice (eee!!) among possible others as far as face characters go.

MissHolly said:

Another thought: I'd like to get to know people more in general going this fall, but specifically those arriving with me on the 4th. Feel free to email me on here or at hegglest@emich.edu.

Oh, and Harmony272: your reply with "the dead center" to a previous post made me laugh. I love that ride.

:wizard:

I PMed you.

Ok so now I'm curious about character performers. Can you audition when you get there and change roles? How does this work. I don't really know anything about it.
Also anyone know about singing oportunities with the college program, like choirs, solos, shows? I just have no clue. :rolleyes1
And if anyone wants to chat about the college program with me, feel free to email me at KristiCorie@hotmail.com
:thumbsup2

Harmony272 said:
Ok so now I'm curious about character performers. Can you audition when you get there and change roles? How does this work. I don't really know anything about it.
Also anyone know about singing oportunities with the college program, like choirs, solos, shows? I just have no clue. :rolleyes1
And if anyone wants to chat about the college program with me, feel free to email me at KristiCorie@hotmail.com
:thumbsup2

You can audition at the end of the CP. There is an opportunity to extend the CP and there is an audition. Even though I wouldn't extend (I can't. :guilty: ), I would go to the audition anyway (to see if I get accepted.) if I get accepted to the CP. My aim is joanna71985.

Hey everyone. Guess what? I just found out today.....THAT I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!! I am going down for the Fall 2006 CP on Aug. 2 as..... a character attendant!! I am sooooo excited (I would have prefered advantage, but who cares? I got accepted!)!!!!! :teeth: :cheer2: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter