CP Pkg-What should I do?

minniemmom

Mouseketeer
OK-I've booked CP/LeCellier and now I'm having 2nd thoughts. Here is my questions: I have a DS who is a very small 12 yr. old and eats child size portions. When I called for the PS I was asked ages of DS's (other is 15) and without thinking I gave their ages. CM said the child menu age is 11. I explained how he eats and she said he's over 11 (she was very nice) and would have to pay adult price. I just went on WDWIG menus and he wouldn't eat anything on the adult menu. Do I suck up the price and pay a lot and let him order off the kid's menu? I can't lie about his age because she said she's also CRO (I asked her to transfer me because I haven't received my confirmation saying they received my deposit on my hotel). Is this dinner package really worth the price? We LOVE LeCellier; that's not the problem. Any suggestions/recommendations? I appreciate any help/input!

:confused:

Whether it's worth it or not is very subjective, but I'm a big fan of the package, even if it does end up costing you a few dollars dinner-wise. Remember that some of that cost may be recouped by other family members, especially when you factor in tax and tip. Also, you get the 15% discount on Epcot shopping that day.

It might make more sense for you to consider changing restaurants, especially if there's one that has more stuff he'd consider eating. The Garden Grille isn't very adventurous, but the food is well-prepared and generally stuff that most people like.

Not that I advocate lying, but why can't you cancel. Then rebook a day later and lie about his age? I don't know what you mean by saying, "she is also CRO"? Personally, I wouldn't pay $40 for chicken tenders and french fries. Seems ridiculous to me. Another thing, It sounds like they may not be giving 15% off merchandise anymore when shopping on this day.

Gina

Sorry ... that part scared me. I was planning my dinner time based on that shopping thing. Last time I went to the CP I attended the last show and then only had a small amount of time to "run" and get my items for 15% off. Sounds silly but every little bit helps when you are buying gifts.

Anyway...where did you hear about them discontinuing the 15 percent off shopping part?

Sorry if it's another thread...haven't gotten there yet if it is...

They are definitely giving the 15% discount on merchandise in Epcot the day of your cp. (Deb's site has mis-information on that one)

Carol

I had the opposite problem than you. My son is 11 but he will only order off the adult menu, he's 5' 8" anf 175 pounds. I had the CM switch him to an adult price because I didn't want any problems. I would call and switch it especially if you know for sure he won't order from the adult menu, why should you have to pay more money for the kids menu.

Thanks everyone for your input!
roelongo-I explained to the CM he is very small and only eats off the kids menu but she said the age is 11. I know some non-Disney restaurants will let anyone eat off the senior menu because it's smaller portions! My DH said between him and our 15 yr. old they'll eat what he doesn't. 11 yr old loves the soup there and if he eats that and picks, he'll be ok. We can always get something to eat later.
GB-I thought about cancelling but I'm afraid I'll lose the rest. and time of show. About the "she's CRO also". I asked her if she could transfer me to CRO and she said, "That's me too!". I called the 407-dining #. I explained to her I have not gotten a confirmation saying my deposit was received on my reservation, and she said I just put it in the system to mail you one. I was surprised that dining reserv. and CRO were the same number! I've never had this before; always been transferred back and forth!
Kermit-we went on Deb's site (wonderful site!) and DH & I read all the kids menus and thought LeCellier had the one he likes the best. We've eaten at almost all the restaurants offered for this pkg. and LeCellier was his most favorite. I think we'll be ok.;) :)

:jester:
roelongo- I just had a great thought! When are you going; why don't we switch DS's for dinner???? LOL!!!!!!!!
;) :jester:

Good idea I was thinking something like that too LOL. We're going to the very first night Nov. 29 I think they haven't announced the narrators yet because then people will try to only book for certain nights I heard a rumor that ROY DISNEY is supposed to be there when we see it, honestly it doesn't really matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!