CP Question!!

katclark73

Earning My Ears
Hi!

When applying for the college program, if you say you are uninterested in doing custodial and quick service food, what are the odds of you still getting accepted? How much would it hurt my chances of still making it?

Hi!

When applying for the college program, if you say you are uninterested in doing custodial and quick service food, what are the odds of you still getting accepted? How much would it hurt my chances of still making it?

Hi!

Even if you put no interest in custodial and quick service food & beverage, you have a very large chance of still being accepted into those roles. During your Phone Interview you'll have a chance to describe what you're really interested in, however, custodial and QSFB are the two most "high volume" roles in the program. Putting uninterested won't hinder your chances of getting accepted-- but you have a large chance of being accepted for those roles anyway. Hope that helps!

I applied in January, and got accepted in late May via wait list for a role I put no interest... custodial. Anything can happen. Putting no interest may hurt you but that's much better than being in a role you don't enjoy and self-term. Good luck applying!

I may be wrong here, but I'm actually pretty sure that if you mark 'No Interest' on a high need role, there's NO chance of you getting it! But by doing so, you might decrease your chances of acceptance. I marked 'No Interest' for nearly every single high need role (QSFB/Custodial/Housekeeping), except for Lifeguard. I was asked about Lifeguarding during my PI and actually explicitly said I'm not a very confident swimmer and felt other candidates would probably be better suited for the role than me, and I was accepted for Merch in the second wave. I'm actually an alum, and I'm pretty sure I also marked 'No Interest' for high need roles on my first program. So you definitely 100% can do this and still be accepted. QSFB/Custodial/Housekeeping may be high need roles, but roles like Attractions and Merch also take a lot of applicants, so if you mark these kinds of roles high, I think your odds are still good. In my exp. if you're planning to mark high need roles w/ no interest, it also helps to apply early when applications first drop. Obviously the longer you wait, the more Merch/Attractions/etc. roles are filled. I applied on the day of app drop both times.

That being said, I think showing a willingness to work QSFB/Custodial/Housekeeping/Lifeguard definitely helps your chances of acceptance, since the DCP is always super intent on filling these roles. If you're completely confident in your resume, experience and interview skills, feel free to mark 'No Interest' for all of these roles, but I would say it's safer to mark at least 'Low' on one or two. You can always express your lack of interest in these roles during your PI, as long as you're diplomatic about it. But of course if you do mark 'Low Interest,' Disney has the right to place you in that role, whether you want it or not.

Overall, I want to say marking 'No Interest' on high need roles doesn't necessarily hurt your chances...But marking 'High/Medium Interest' in these roles definitely HELPS your chances, so...you have to weigh the odds, if that makes sense.

I've always been super picky with what roles I wanted. I've always put no interest in a few things and never had an issue. A lot of times the interviewer will ask you about roles you don't want and you can explain why. Just come up with legitimate reasons you don't. Quick Service is a nightmare, I had a few roommates in the past that have done it and they have told me horror stories. But don't count out custodial just because of the "trash" part of it. It's one of the best roles because you have the freedom to roam around and really have great guest experiences and meet cast from different locations as well. I know it doesn't seem like the most fun job, but everyone I know who has done it says they wouldn't want to do anything else. Attractions and merchandise are also huge roles that need to be filled so definitely put some interest for those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts