CPAP

Disney_Life84

I love Mickey!
First time sailing with a CPAP. Do we pack this in our checked luggage, or on the carry on? We live near Port Canaveral, so we won't be flying. Just wondering about how to transport it through the terminal.

Last edited:

Definitely, definitely carry it on. The luggage is not cared for gently getting onto the ship (cue @PrincessShmoo and her pics of what it looks like) and it would not be good for it to be damaged. Damage is probably more of a threat than lost but there have been instances of luggage going for a swim as well.

How do I go about arranging the distilled water for my husband's machine? Thanks!

I called Disney Cruise Line and told them we would have a CPAP and would need distilled water. The rep made a note in our reservation and said that water would be in our room. She said that by if some chance it is not there, then to simply let the stateroom host know and then they would get water for us.

Anytime we travel; we always have my wife's CPAP packed with the carry on luggage. This way the machine is always with us incase something happens. As for the distilled water; we just called customer service and they had it in our room waiting for us. We didn't need an extension cord; since there was a plug next to the bed for her to use.

Psy

Yes the way the luggage is piled etc. On top of each other best to carry it on so not damaged. We just use the carrying case that came with the machine. I also carry it that way on the plane . I know your not flying but for those that do.

They give more than enough water...lol when you call.

I think it’s not just a preference, you have to carry it on. If you fill out the online request they will have the distilled water and extension cord waiting in your room when you arrive.

Carry it on! That's a piece of potentially life-saving equipment that's thousands of dollars. You don't want it lost, broken, or dropped in the water while being put on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts