Crafters, Fabric Paint? Also Bleach pen painting? Please and Thank you

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
I have a some decorating ideas that I want to put into play.. The problem is that I can't find what I want, color, fabric or design that will suit my needs... so I was wondering about fabric paints. I have never used them and have no idea what on earth what will work for this project. I am going to make some pillows shams, and décor pillows and that runner thing that goes across the end of the bed??? This is all for my guest room, I can't think of what its called the runner thing... anyone know...??

What I am looking for is a smooth finish, no flaking, and will be able to wash and dry.

The second question is using a bleach pen or bleach pen painting, I have a geometric pattern, a couple of holiday patterns, that I want to make a table runner and matching napkins. So a friend suggested using a bleach pen, and a stencil.... to get the desired look I want... Anyone ever heard of this or done it???

Thanks so much,

Peace, Love and Pixie Dust...

For painting with a smooth finish, I highly recommend you look into thickened dyes (using sodium alginate). You paint it onto the fabric, but in the end it dyes the fabric, rather than being paint that sits on top of the fabric. So the hand of the fabric is not changed.

Setacolors makes good fabric paint, but any paint that sits on top of the fabric will change the hand slightly, it will feel thicker. But it can be washed and dried and I've never had flaking.

Can't help you with a bleach pen. You could try a technique like a batik, protect the fabric where you don't want to bleach with a glue, and then use a paintbrush to apply the bleach if you can't find a pen. I don't know if it would work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter