Crazy things you've heard people say about Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, this is actually an easy one! Don't abuse your kids and the teachers can't catch you out doing it. There - all better.

My sons school is going back in person (that’s the plan for now anyway). There was an article written and shared on fb about the school going back. The school also has a virtual option for anyone who would prefer it. One commenter responded multiple times on the post that anyone choosing the virtual option was crazy for letting the “government” officials into their homes. They went on and on about how the parents need to wake up and see that they are giving “them” access into their personal homes and how wrong that is. Then another commenter responded to her response agreeing with her and saying how teachers are being trained to listen to families private conversations through the use of online school so that they can report abuse to the authorities! It was shocking to say the least, it‘s like they truly believe they are living in the book 1984! I didn’t even bother to respond, there’s no talking to that kind of crazy!

Some people inferred, nobody, including Fauci, "insinuated" anything.

Brand new - hence, novel coronavirus - disease. Fauci and all experts provide recommendations based on what is known at the time. As more information is forthcoming, Fauci and other epidemiology experts update their advice.

Some people inferring (however misguidedly) is also not is also not the same as the speaker implying something.

It all depends on who is saying it. Current leader, bad. Previous leader Private citizen who happens to be better liked and more popular than current leader (and arguably a better person), OK.

Fixed it for you

Not arguably, just a fact.

Not arguably, just a fact.
Only in your alternative reality. Sad that this is the type that survives in our bureaucracies. This guy is an indecisive con man.

"According to records obtained by the AP, among the 51 NIH scientists currently involved in testing products for which they secretly receive royalties, are Dr. F, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases..."

https://ahrp.org/nih-scientists-cau...-in-royalties-for-experimental-treatments-ap/

Last edited:
Only in your alternative reality. Sad that this is the type that survives in our bureaucracies. This guy is an indecisive con man.

"According to records obtained by the AP, among the 51 NIH scientists currently involved in testing products for which they secretly receive royalties, are Dr. F, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases..."

https://ahrp.org/nih-scientists-cau...-in-royalties-for-experimental-treatments-ap/

Lol where do y’all get this material?!

Is there a Fauci hate club where they try and come up with these slanted memes and articles? Please keep sharing these jokes.

Im sure you already know, but see below for explanation on what you think you exposed...

Researchers' Payments
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious DiseasesDirector Anthony Fauci and NIAID Deputy Director H. Clifford Lane since 1997 received royalties of $45,072.82 each for the development of interleukin-2, an AIDS treatment they invented with NIH physician Joseph Kovacs. Fauci said he initially refused to accept the royalties but eventually donated the money to charities when he "was told he legally had to accept them," the AP/Courant reports. Lane accepted the royalties but noted that he sometimes provided patients with articles from medical journals that list him as a patent holder. Lane said, "I believe patients should know everything that might influence their desire to be participants in research"

Director Anthony Fauci and NIAID Deputy Director H. Clifford Lane since 1997 received royalties of $45,072.82 each for the development of interleukin-2, an AIDS treatment they invented with NIH physician Joseph Kovacs.
Maybe it would help to explain what royalties are? "Royalties are payments of various types to owners of property for use of that property over a specific period of time. Royalties usually deal with payments for the right to use intellectual property, like copyrights, patents, and trademarks. In music, royalties are paid to owners of copyrighted music, for its use."

Maybe it would help to explain what royalties are? "Royalties are payments of various types to owners of property for use of that property over a specific period of time. Royalties usually deal with payments for the right to use intellectual property, like copyrights, patents, and trademarks. In music, royalties are paid to owners of copyrighted music, for its use."

It’s so sad to see people fall for this type of stuff. They are told to hate someone. Then in some little dark corner a few articles are shared from 15 years ago and they don’t bother to read past the headline. Then they share some memes and call it a day.
Who knew the internet could make us less smart?

Lol! ...sure, okay “move along, nothing to see here”..... No!, it's a huge conflict of interest especially when the NIH & the doctors were hiding this information to the patients taking their drugs. It's criminal.

Time to FOIA them about how much doctors will make from a coronavirus patent. Is this why they don’t like Hydroxychloroquine?

Lol! ...sure, okay “move along, nothing to see here”..... No!, it's a huge conflict of interest especially when the NIH & the doctors were hiding this information to the patients taking their drugs. It's criminal.

Time to FOIA them about how much doctors will make from a coronavirus patent. Is this why they don’t like Hydroxychloroquine?

I knew it!

I didn’t want to think this was a piggyback off that dumb Facebook conspiracy that Fauci is really secretly getting rich off of a Covid vaccine.

I mean, he made $40,000 off of that hiv drug. $40,000. It was so much that he donated it to charity.

He could have bought a new Toyota Camry with that money.

Not sure why I gave any credit....

Killing me over here.

Should have bought stock in tin foil....

I think it is more likely that they don't like it because it is ineffective at treating Covid-19 and in fact can cause heart problems.

FDA

July 1, 2020 Update: A summary of the FDA review of safety issues with the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat hospitalized patients with COVID-19 is now available. This includes reports of serious heart rhythm problems and other safety issues, including blood and lymph system disorders, kidney injuries, and liver problems and failure.

NIH

NIH halts clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine
Study shows treatment does no harm, but provides no benefit

New England Journal of Medicine

Conclusions
Among patients hospitalized with mild-to-moderate Covid-19, the use of hydroxychloroquine, alone or with azithromycin, did not improve clinical status at 15 days as compared with standard care. (Funded by the Coalition Covid-19 Brazil and EMS Pharma; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT04322123. opens in new tab.)

I work in the medical research field and have for 25 years. In no way are any of these references considered academic, peer-reviewed citations. If any medical student tried to use any of these they would be laughed out of the classroom.
Try searching https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

Time magazine? Really? Good grief.

I saw the one that started www and then a 1 before the period and haven't stopped laughing....

www1.jokewebsite.com

I mean, that's a clue that what you are about to read isn't legit......

I thought getting news from facebook was bad, sheesh.

I work in the medical research field and have for 25 years. In no way are any of these references considered academic, peer-reviewed citations. If any medical student tried to use any of these they would be laughed out of the classroom.
Try searching https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

Time magazine? Really? Good grief.
I saw my cousin over the weekend, he’s an ER doctor in Brooklyn who treated cover 300 patients. According to him, it doesn’t work. He and his wife got Covid and only experienced a lack of taste and smell, but they are also health nuts.

I saw my cousin over the weekend, he’s an ER doctor in Brooklyn who treated cover 300 patients. According to him, it doesn’t work. He and his wife got Covid and only experienced a lack of taste and smell, but they are also health nuts.

He is with the majority of medical experts on this then.

Good for him for making a difference! ER doctor's have a critical role during regular times, can't imagine now. Wishing your cousin well.

He is with the majority of medical experts on this then.

Good for him for making a difference! ER doctor's have a critical role during regular times, can't imagine now. Wishing your cousin well.

He said things were a bit crazy, they had to change protocols when workers got COVID, from a 10 day quarantine to having to work if fever free because they didn’t have enough replacements. I was at my gynecologist today and she said even she was recruited to work at a field hospital in NJ, she’s like if you need a vent and I’m the only one who can do it, you’re in big trouble! She was a little nervous about the rest of the country not believing what happened here and not taking it seriously (she closed her practice for a few months, even now you have to call from the parking lot, get hand sanitizer and a temp check before entering the waiting room, only 2 patients allowed in at once).[/QUOTE]

Masks work. PPE works. I don’t know why people don’t want to believe that.

I work for a major hospital. We’ve treated thousands of covid patients. Not one ED staff member has caught it and less than .5% of ICU staff have caught it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter