Crazy times at Pop or House off Property

happymom2one

Mouseketeer
Hello! We are planning on going Nov 15-20 and staying at Pop. With all the horrible reviews I am reading on facebook about Pop and the crazy long lines for the food court and Skyliner. I am getting worried and wondering if I should just my plans before it's too late. I am super worried once AoA opens. Would you stay at pop or rent a house near pop with a private pool?

We love the to stay on property but this time I am just not sure. I am so worried about using Disney transportation with the craziness, not for Covid.

I think this depends on your plans. Are you planning on spending every minute in a park?
We really like pop but we only sleep in the room.
We are leaving in one week and we are planning on just being early to the skyliner for our HS day. We are going to try buses but we are prepared to use uber if needed.
We had friends they told us to order ahead on the app as much as you can and it helps with lines.
Also that the crazy times in the food court is when the parks are closed
The private house is nice if you have large family or plan on spending days at "home"

I think this depends on your plans. Are you planning on spending every minute in a park?
We really like pop but we only sleep in the room.
We are leaving in one week and we are planning on just being early to the skyliner for our HS day. We are going to try buses but we are prepared to use uber if needed.
We had friends they told us to order ahead on the app as much as you can and it helps with lines.
Also that the crazy times in the food court is when the parks are closed
The private house is nice if you have large family or plan on spending days at "home"

I "think" we plan to stay mostly in the parks but with the parks closing early I just don't know. I planned on using the pool, which we have never done that before. We usually just stay there for the bed. But with it closing so early...

How early do you plan to be at the skyliner? I was thinking an hour but now that even sounds like not enough time. lol. I am preparing for Uber but that even seems confusing. some say drop off at another location and walk. not sure how the family would feel about that.

I did think that if we needed to eat I would order a pizza from offsite or do uber eats. sounds like a better idea.

thanks for getting back to me.

I "think" we plan to stay mostly in the parks but with the parks closing early I just don't know. I planned on using the pool, which we have never done that before. We usually just stay there for the bed. But with it closing so early...

How early do you plan to be at the skyliner? I was thinking an hour but now that even sounds like not enough time. lol. I am preparing for Uber but that even seems confusing. some say drop off at another location and walk. not sure how the family would feel about that.

I did think that if we needed to eat I would order a pizza from offsite or do uber eats. sounds like a better idea.

thanks for getting back to me.
I have been on the pop board, looks like most people line up slightly before 8 for a 9 something entrance to HS. Thats the only day I stressed about. If you have not joined the pop disney resort thread you should they are really helpful.
In 7days I will be there and I can tell more.:)
We order snacks from amazon prime now and use door dash or catch the bus to DS

We had the same thoughts as you. My daughter's favorite resort is Pop, but with what I read about the lines for the Skyliner at the resort and the bus lines to/from the parks for the non-Skyliner resorts, it wasn't worth it to stay there (especially since we like to rope drop). We are going during the Christmas break, so I made the decision to stay off-property at the Swan. The rates at the Swan and Dolphin are cheaper than Pop since we received a AP holder discount. We have never stayed there, but I like the idea of walking to both HS and Epcot. We had also considered CBR, but again I didn't want to deal with the Skyliner. Also, Swan was cheaper than CBR (by $300). Food options are also better at the Swan and Dolphin vs. Pop since you have their various dining options between both hotels, as well as those at the nearby BW, YC, and BC. Just something for you to think about...

I have been on the pop board, looks like most people line up slightly before 8 for a 9 something entrance to HS. Thats the only day I stressed about. If you have not joined the pop disney resort thread you should they are really helpful.
In 7days I will be there and I can tell more.:)
We order snacks from amazon prime now and use door dash or catch the bus to DS

ok, good to know on the times. I am also really worried about HS. I will hop over and join the Pop forum. thanks for the idea. Please please let me know your thoughts when you get back!!

We had the same thoughts as you. My daughter's favorite resort is Pop, but with what I read about the lines for the Skyliner at the resort and the bus lines to/from the parks for the non-Skyliner resorts, it wasn't worth it to stay there (especially since we like to rope drop). We are going during the Christmas break, so I made the decision to stay off-property at the Swan. The rates at the Swan and Dolphin are cheaper than Pop since we received a AP holder discount. We have never stayed there, but I like the idea of walking to both HS and Epcot. We had also considered CBR, but again I didn't want to deal with the Skyliner. Also, Swan was cheaper than CBR (by $300). Food options are also better at the Swan and Dolphin vs. Pop since you have their various dining options between both hotels, as well as those at the nearby BW, YC, and BC. Just something for you to think about...

We wanted to stay there for the skyliner experience but I am totally freaked out now and worried about everything I have read. I tried to switch to CBR and they are sold out for the promotion. I will have to look into the Swan and Dolphin but do not have the AP discount. I even thought of renting points.

Check out Swan or Dolphin. I had a room booked at Pop for next week but was debating whether to switch to a house offsite. I ended up switching last week from Pop to Swan. The price difference was almost negligible if you are eligible to use a AAA, nurse, or government/military discount (or use Priceline). Room is bigger and much nicer and perhaps the biggest advantage is the walking distance to DHS and Epcot. If you want to do rope drop, keep in mind that recent reports have revealed that those arriving in cars are arriving behind walkers, buses, and Skyline. For me, safety was also a consideration. I was not confident that a private rental home would be as clean as a Disney/chain hotel. I'm sure many (maybe most) are cleaned very well, but they do not have the same level of public reputation on the line as Disney/chains so I just was not willing to risk it.

Check out Swan or Dolphin. I had a room booked at Pop for next week but was debating whether to switch to a house offsite. I ended up switching last week from Pop to Swan. The price difference was almost negligible if you are eligible to use a AAA, nurse, or government/military discount (or use Priceline). Room is bigger and much nicer and perhaps the biggest advantage is the walking distance to DHS and Epcot. If you want to do rope drop, keep in mind that recent reports have revealed that those arriving in cars are arriving behind walkers, buses, and Skyline. For me, safety was also a consideration. I was not confident that a private rental home would be as clean as a Disney/chain hotel. I'm sure many (maybe most) are cleaned very well, but they do not have the same level of public reputation on the line as Disney/chains so I just was not willing to risk it.

how was traveling to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom? do they have transportation for those parks?

Where did you check prices? I have a travel agent?

how was traveling to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom? do they have transportation for those parks?

Where did you check prices? I have a travel agent?
Check prices directly on Marriott.com and it will give you the option to search with various discount offers like AAA etc. I do not arrive until Sunday so I do not have first hand experience at the hotel yet. However, the recent reports of the bus situation at Swan/Dolphin sounds better than the Disney resorts. It appears they start pick ups earlier than the Disney resorts, which will get you there ahead of the crowds and there have been no reports of long lines and Swan/Dolphin (it is definitely possible there are long lines that have not been reported). Check out the Swan/Dolphin specific thread where there are lots of regulars willing to share info and answer questions. I have learned a lot from it.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...olphin-resorts-information-questions.3264274/

Check prices directly on Marriott.com and it will give you the option to search with various discount offers like AAA etc. I do not arrive until Sunday so I do not have first hand experience at the hotel yet. However, the recent reports of the bus situation at Swan/Dolphin sounds better than the Disney resorts. It appears they start pick ups earlier than the Disney resorts, which will get you there ahead of the crowds and there have been no reports of long lines and Swan/Dolphin (it is definitely possible there are long lines that have not been reported). Check out the Swan/Dolphin specific thread where there are lots of regulars willing to share info and answer questions. I have learned a lot from it.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...olphin-resorts-information-questions.3264274/
thank you so much for the information. I will be checking!!

How did you book to get the AP rate? Did you have to call?

We wanted to stay there for the skyliner experience but I am totally freaked out now and worried about everything I have read. I tried to switch to CBR and they are sold out for the promotion. I will have to look into the Swan and Dolphin but do not have the AP discount. I even thought of renting points.

You are right to be concerned. Any Skyliner line that moves you toward HS is a complete cluster in the morning currently, as people queue up to try to get a boarding group. Basically unless you are taking it from the CBR station to Riviera or Riviera station to Epcot(continuation of same line) its a miserable early morning experience. If you can get a CBR room and request a room near the Riviera station that would be worthwhile. Or get a Coronado room and use the bus system. I would definitely stay away from Pop right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter