cream cheese expiration date ?

You can also put the unused blocks in the freezer. The texture sometimes changes a bit, to become a bit crumbly, but it's fine for baking/cooking with. DH doesn't like it on his bagels if it's been frozen.

I think expiration dates are a ploy by food manufacturers for you to buy more of their products lol. I have friends who throw everything away the exact date on the package. I do what generations before me did, smell and look. If it smells bad or has mold pitch it.

I think expiration dates are a ploy by food manufacturers for you to buy more of their products lol. I have friends who throw everything away the exact date on the package. I do what generations before me did, smell and look. If it smells bad or has mold pitch it.

According to Philadelphia Cream Cheese, under normal refrigerator conditions of 40° at all times, an unopened package of cream cheese is good 1 month past the “Best When Purchased By” date on the carton. Once opened, cream cheese should be used within 10 days.

This means the peak of its taste then the taste begins to degrade

The expiration date on yogurt makes me laugh the most. I mean... the milk has already been "spoiled" by bacteria, and the pH is pretty acidic; what are we afraid of? I have a former co-worker whose family won't touch anything that's past its expiration date; she kept us pretty well stocked with "old" yogurt most of the time! As PPs have said- Look at it and smell it. If you see anything growing in it, or it smells bad, throw it out. Otherwise, use it up!

There are even exceptions to the "growing on it" thing. I used to work for Hickory Farms decades ago. The first thing we did every morning before opening the store was to check the cheese. We'd look at every piece of hard or semi-soft cheese and if we saw mold on it, we'd use a cheese plane or knife to remove the mold. No problems there- milk is inoculated with either mold or bacteria to MAKE the cheese! I think that most "expiration dates" are on there to protect manufacturers from any liability, just in case someone does eat something that is truly spoiled!

I made some pumpkin cream cheese muffins kinda like the ones from starbucks. Do I need to store the muffins in the fridge or ok to leave out since cream cheese is cooked?

I made some pumpkin cream cheese muffins kinda like the ones from starbucks. Do I need to store the muffins in the fridge or ok to leave out since cream cheese is cooked?

http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-...o-i-need-to-refrigerate-cream-cheese-frosting

The answer is they can stay on the counter, for a few days, unless you have a Floridian kitchen temp:)...(unless they are sugar-free, since the sugar is what preserves them for the short time til eating)...

Brown 1lb Jimmy Dean(or similar brand in tube) sage OR hot sausage.
Combine 2 blocks of cream cheese and 2 cans Rotel tomatoes w/green chilies in a pot and bring to a simmer. Add browned sausage(using a slotted spoon so excess grease stays in fry pan). Let simmer for another 5-10 minutes for all the flavors to meld. Serve with thick tortilla. You can also transfer to a small crockpot f

I made this last night into enchiladas and put sauce and some cheddar on top - yum!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!