Creating An Album Cover

lizavance

Mrs. Grumpy
I have been struggling to find an album I love for my Dland spring break pix when the grands came to visit. I'm thing about buying a plain album and decoupaging Disney park maps on it. Has anyone tried this, and if so do you have any tips? I have never decoupaged and am a little apprehensive.

What a great idea!! Please post how it works out for you - may have to copy-cat!

I love Mod Podge. I once covered an album cover with little squares of patterned paper, and it was easy! Just applied a thin layer of Mod Podge with a foam brush, then laid on the paper bits where I wanted them. Once all the squares were laid out, I applied another layer of Mod Podge over the top to seal it all down. It was a bit time-consuming, but otherwise simple to do, and 7 years later, it still looks great...

I love the idea of using the park maps on the cover. Sounds like it's going to look great!

I think it's a great idea! I've done a few chipboard albums with Mod Podge and paper!!

Going to DL this summer and LOVE your idea!! I like to make my GDs autograph books on Shutterfly but I'm like the "decoupage" idea. What is Mod Podge? and where would I find it?

Any craft store like Joann, Michaels or Hobby Lobby carry it. I learned some great tips from tutorials on blogs and You Tube. Just search Modpodge and you'll find lots! I gave them as Christmas gifts to my Disnerd friends and they were a big hit.

Is that a fabric cover or a paper, cardboard (whatever it is) kind of cover? I cover a lot of mine with fabric, but that takes forever. I'd love to just use Mod Podge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter