• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Credit Card at check in Questions! Barry? Anyone? Help!

Carrieberry

<font color=9999CC>Has to post on the right thread
When you check into a Universal onsite hotel, and they take your credit card info for incidentals, can this be a check card? Do they put a hold on your card for any certain amount (they did when we stayed at the Hard Rock in Vegas and neglected to tell us about it-it was $200 for a two night stay!) How does it differ from Disney in this respect? We have always used our check card on Disney property. They usually give you a predetermined spending limit and then charge you at the end. How does Universal do it? Do they charge your card after every purchase or at the end? If they charge you at the end of your stay, can you pay cash or other forms of payment when you check out? Just wondering how they do things differently.

Hi Carrie,

I don't have an answer but am very interested in what their policy is. I know at disney I was able to turn down the option of putting my credit card info. on my room key. I don't use alot of credit cards and need to know if I am going to need to set aside several hundred dollars for deposits.

I have done both at the HRH. The first time we went we did not use a credit card so we didnt get a key to the wet bar and we didnt get to charge to the room.

The last 2 times we have gone we have given them the our credit card at check in. There are 3 levels of charging. I think they put a $350 per day hold on your card for the max. About 2 days after we came back the hold was taken off. I'm not sure what the other levels were.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter