Critique My Trip Plan

There are standby areas, but they aren't a great view and it'll probably be tough to get a spot on the first showing. There is a FP available and it is not connected to ride FPs, so it doesn't interfere with those. Or, you could do a F! Dining Package for the better viewing areas.
Thanks!

If you do end up staying at the DLH, you'll walk through Downtown Disney to get to the parks. We did that last week and ended up grabbing Starbucks and beignets from Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen express window and ate them while we walked. They were a bit messy with all the powdered sugar, but so good! Also, I don't know about the Starbucks inside the parks, but in DtD you can do the mobile ordering to save time.

If you do end up staying at the DLH, you'll walk through Downtown Disney to get to the parks. We did that last week and ended up grabbing Starbucks and beignets from Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen express window and ate them while we walked. They were a bit messy with all the powdered sugar, but so good! Also, I don't know about the Starbucks inside the parks, but in DtD you can do the mobile ordering to save time.
Beignets for breakfast sound really good lol. It's good to know there's somewhere quick to grab coffee and breakfast.

I'm stressing out a little, I feel like I should have picked an afternoon flight on Thursday instead of the redeye flight Wednesday, but I don't think I can change it now so I'll have to work with what I have.

Beignets for breakfast sound really good lol. It's good to know there's somewhere quick to grab coffee and breakfast.

I'm stressing out a little, I feel like I should have picked an afternoon flight on Thursday instead of the redeye flight Wednesday, but I don't think I can change it now so I'll have to work with what I have.
We're too old for red eyes! Maybe you can add a day at your hotel so you can nap when you land

We're too old for red eyes! Maybe you can add a day at your hotel so you can nap when you land
The redeye is the flight home so there will be plenty of sleeping after we land too. I'm afraid of flying and figured it would be the easiest flight with me not being awake the majority of it.

Oh! Hope you can sleep. We can't. :(
My hope is I'm so exhausted from being at Disney from park opening that I'll need the sleep. If I did the afternoon flight it would have been on a different airline than the one I took out and thought it might be better to keep some consistency.

I downloaded the app. Where does it show what FP are still left on it? Also, is there a way to sort the wait times? When I was looking at it, it had it in alphabetical order instead of by wait time like WDW does. Is there a way to change that or is that just how it is? Would you recommend doing single rider for a first time ride?

The DL app doesn't have the rides sorted by wait time, but you can set it to a map version in the lower-right corner of where they list the rides. Then you will have to click on each ride's wait time to see FP availability. It's a little clunky but if you know the few FPS you are looking for availability doesn't take too long. You can look while checking in to your hotel or waiting in line to get into the park.

PHXscuba

The DL app doesn't have the rides sorted by wait time, but you can set it to a map version in the lower-right corner of where they list the rides. Then you will have to click on each ride's wait time to see FP availability. It's a little clunky but if you know the few FPS you are looking for availability doesn't take too long. You can look while checking in to your hotel or waiting in line to get into the park.

PHXscuba
Thanks. That's too bad about it not going in the wait time order, it makes seeing what ride to hit next a lot easier. So when I click on the ride it'll show me the next available fast pass time? Is this something that will only show up once I have tickets attached and have entered the park? Or can I see it now? I haven't bought the tickets yet.

Thanks. That's too bad about it not going in the wait time order, it makes seeing what ride to hit next a lot easier. So when I click on the ride it'll show me the next available fast pass time? Is this something that will only show up once I have tickets attached and have entered the park? Or can I see it now? I haven't bought the tickets yet.

You can see everything now. Just click on the ride to see the fastpass return time.

You can see the standby wait times right on the map. So you could scan the park to look for low standby times.

Attachments

• IMG_6129.PNG
    IMG_6129.PNG
    615 KB · Views: 3
You can see everything now. Just click on the ride to see the fastpass return time.

You can see the standby wait times right on the map. So you could scan the park to look for low standby times.
Thanks! This is great I'll be playing around with this all the time until my trip :)

Do you think Labor Day will be comparable wait times to Presidents' Day? I'm wondering what's a good holiday to look at to see how my trip will be

We grab breakfast to go from La Brea. They have insanely big croissant breakfast sandwiches that come with a side of potatoes...more than enough for two to share. One of us stops there and the other gets in line for rope drop. Then we eat in line until the park opens. You can also get coffees, pastries, yougurt, etc there.

For Plaza Inn I like the last breakfast reservation (like around 10:30). Then I can still rope drop and knock out a decent selection of rides before breakfast.

Definitely do the WOC dessert party. I would do a later bigger lunch and then you might not even want dinner after the desserts (you also get grapes, bread and cheese). If you do want to eat after, grab something in DTD.

What airline are you flying? They probably have an app so you can just show them your electronic boarding pass. No need to print a paper one. I'd also recommend Uber over the DLE to get to the airport.

We grab breakfast to go from La Brea. They have insanely big croissant breakfast sandwiches that come with a side of potatoes...more than enough for two to share. One of us stops there and the other gets in line for rope drop. Then we eat in line until the park opens. You can also get coffees, pastries, yougurt, etc there.

For Plaza Inn I like the last breakfast reservation (like around 10:30). Then I can still rope drop and knock out a decent selection of rides before breakfast.

Definitely do the WOC dessert party. I would do a later bigger lunch and then you might not even want dinner after the desserts (you also get grapes, bread and cheese). If you do want to eat after, grab something in DTD.

What airline are you flying? They probably have an app so you can just show them your electronic boarding pass. No need to print a paper one. I'd also recommend Uber over the DLE to get to the airport.

For the Plaza Inn late breakfast, do you feel rushed to meet the characters since they don't meet for lunch? Is there a break before lunch starts so you can finish breakfast and meet everyone?

We'll be flying JetBlue

So I've changed my flight out to leave at 8am on Thursday instead of 9pm on Wednesday so I'll have two full days now. Should I still do WOC dessert party on Tuesday night and maybe do a nice dinner on Wednesday? Or swap them? I don't think the character breakfast should be the same day as the dinner so I'd do that the opposite of when I schedule that. I'm feeling a lot better about my days now and won't feel as rushed.

So I've changed my flight out to leave at 8am on Thursday instead of 9pm on Wednesday so I'll have two full days now. Should I still do WOC dessert party on Tuesday night and maybe do a nice dinner on Wednesday? Or swap them? I don't think the character breakfast should be the same day as the dinner so I'd do that the opposite of when I schedule that. I'm feeling a lot better about my days now and won't feel as rushed.
I vote you to keep WOC Dessert Tuesday.

Wednesday night? Just play it by ear and relax. No need to plan out all your meals and tie yourself down to dining reservations. Steakhouse 55 may be a good option for you now. Especially if you make it late on a night when parks close at 8PM. An 8:30PM SH55 would not keep you from any park time.

:wizard:

I vote you to keep WOC Dessert Tuesday.

Wednesday night? Just play it by ear and relax. No need to plan out all your meals and tie yourself down to dining reservations. Steakhouse 55 may be a good option for you now. Especially if you make it late on a night when parks close at 8PM. An 8:30PM SH55 would not keep you from any park time.

Thanks, it's hard to not plan every detail since I'm so used to doing that when I go to Disney World. Is Steakhouse 55 something that'll have reservations day of?

Thanks, it's hard to not plan every detail since I'm so used to doing that when I go to Disney World. Is Steakhouse 55 something that'll have reservations day of?
You can make a reservation and cancel it the night before by midnight. Go ahead. When you get there swing by and ask how busy they are on Wednesdays. My guess is you can do a walk up Wednesday at an 8:30PM and get in just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter