Crocs?

Penny McMouse

Mouseketeer
I'm planning on Disney Bounding during my next trip. Shoes seem to be the hardest thing to pin down inexpensively. Yellow isn't exactly a popular shoe color... But I have found some wonderfully ugly yellow crocs and I think they might work for Minnie? So, what's the thought on crocs? Are they comfortable for a full day in the park?

I wear CROCS every day in the parks AND I DisBound. I must be comfortable and CROCS do that for me. I have them in every color necessary for my outfits. If you need yellow, buy yellow!

Most of the time when I see a young princess walking who has gone to BBB and is wearing the crown, dress, etc., the ones who have unhappy faces and sometimes even tears and tantrums are the ones who are wearing traditional princess shoes to complete the outfit. They look good and I'm sure the photos are nice, but the kids are miserable and in pain after walking around the park.

Most of the time the other princesses who are wearing their normal sneakers are beaming with happiness because their feet aren't hurting (although their head might be because of how tight those buns are).

If you are comfortable in Crocs for the milage you will be doing, you have amazing feet and I want to know your secret...but (IMO) your Disneybounding outfit will be no less without themed shoes because why subject oneself to unnecessary pain that takes away from the enjoyment of who you are going with for a few photos?

You could always bring the yellow shoes along and wear them only for photos and then repurpose them at home for other activities.

I have heard that Crocs are slippery on wet surfaces, but I am not speaking from first-hand experience.

I wear crocs at home all the time. So I bought new ones for our trip, I also had comfortable sneakers. I planned on wearing the sneakers and just packing the crocs in case I needed to change shoes, I also bought expensive cooling socks to wear with the sneakers.

The first day I sore my New Balance sneakers and expensive socks, at lunchtime I switched to my Crocs and didn't wear the sneakers for the rest of the week!

Yes- I first wore them when I was recovering from a recent broken ankle, and I've worn them every trip since. Works for my kid, too :)

I have heard that Crocs are slippery on wet surfaces, but I am not speaking from first-hand experience.

First hand experience here: I slipped anywhere the pavement was painted: the breezeway between Mouse Gears and Innoventions, and the exit ramp of train station. Hurt myself bad on the last one and threw them out when I got back to the room. A kid might not fall as hard as an adult, but when you don't catch yourself it can be a whole lot of pain, doesn't matter who you are.

It was a shame as they were the only footwear that worked for me when I got blisters from wearing sneakers.

They are when the bottoms are totally worn down. If they are relatively new, worn in but not worn out, they are fine on wet and slippery surfaces.

Re: comfort, every shoe is different for every person--if you think you might want to wear Crocs for a full day at WDW, I would suggest buying them in advance and wear them around the house, on errands, etc, working up to a full day in them to see how they treat you. Can't speak to the slipperiness issue since I haven't worn them; that's just my general advice for shoes at WDW.

You might also check out converse for fun colors but not everyone can do a full day in those either.
Yeah, I was going to suggest this too! I love Converse because I have man-sized feet and they reliably deliver fun colors in my size. I actually have a pair of bright yellow All Stars that would be the perfect color for a Minnie-bound (though they're a bit raggedy by now).

But yeah, they don't have much (any?) arch support. I've tried pulling the soles out and replacing them with Dr. Scholls inserts, but I found that they glue the soles that come with them down--on a couple of pairs I was able to pull them out with some effort, but then I have a few others where I just couldn't get the things out to replace them. I bought my Converse at a few different points in time and it's been a couple years since I last bought any (I buy them in batches every couple of years), so I'm not sure if the ones currently being sold have soles you'll be able to remove and replace.

Oh my gosh I love Converse! But I would never wear them to Disney! I have sliver glitter ones that I'm wearing to my wedding! I also have very large (for a woman) feet and I love that I can find super cute converse in my size without a problem or special ordering. They just aren't good for a day of walking (or driving) for me.
I've never worn crocs so I can't attest to them at all.
I was surfing the Main Street Bella website yesterday and they had some Minnie themed sneakers, but they're not yellow, they're polka dot on red, so they would change the look a bit. I bought some Tangled ones for my Rapunzel bounding, because she's barefoot and I don't want to wear nude colored flats or sneakers or anything. So I gave her some shoes.

I'd rather go for yellow keds. They're not outrageously expensive on Amazon, way cuter than Crocs, and (imo) a million times more comfortable.

when we went to WDW in a November I had some Nikes with me but I quickly realised alternating my shoes was a good idea. So I stupidly wore my flip flops. And my feet were killing. I’d been eyeing up the Mickey crocs (holes shaped like Mickey heads) in the parks and when we went to the Character Warehouse they happened to have some in my size for 20 bucks. They were like heaven (and no slip in the wet). They saved my poor feet. We averaged 11 miles a day so we did some significant walking. Highly recommended!

Crocs are great! I've been going to WDW since 2001, and wearing Crocs to the parks almost as long. Actually, I originally discovered them through this site, long before they were really known. I have my first ever solo trip coming up in 36 days, and it will be the first time since I bought my first pair that I may wear something else. I've recently fallen in love with Skechers Go Walk shoes, so I plan to try those. I'll take a couple of pairs of Crocs, though, just in case. One tip: Don't take a new pair of Crocs to Disney, or buy them in the parks to wear immediately. They need a little breaking in before a park trip. Maybe a month or so of wear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts