Crowd Control/Safety

White_Rabbit18

Mouseketeer
Just saw the news out of South Korea and it made me think for a second about the crazy crowds you can see at theme parks especially at the end of the night when everyone is trying to rush out and get home/back to their hotel.

Do you think Disney does a well enough job keeping people safe from getting hurt. What is your strategy at the end of the night? We usually skip fireworks or we hide out in a store and wait it out

Do they do a good enough job? I don't know - they have been doing this for many years and nothing has ever happened. That being said, we were in MK for fireworks on a night in early October and I have never, ever seen it so crowded. The CMs were trying very hard to keep pathways open, but many guests were simply ignoring them. If we are going to see fireworks, we pay for the MK dessert parties and then wait it out for the crowd to clear at the end of the show. We also made the mistake of taking a boat from Ft. W to MK to walk back to CR (where we were staying) at the time the fireworks were letting out - it was absolute mayhem and felt very unsafe. We won't be doing that again.

I’ve been in the thickest craziest fireworks and parade crowds at Disney. I still feel much safer than I do standing in the front of a large concert. Even though you are packed in, you are not packed in with mostly juveniles. It’s mostly families who are much more level headed and risk weary. So while toes get stepped on, you don’t have the mass immaturity a Halloween or a concert crowd can provide.

Just saw the news out of South Korea and it made me think for a second about the crazy crowds you can see at theme parks especially at the end of the night when everyone is trying to rush out and get home/back to their hotel.

Do you think Disney does a well enough job keeping people safe from getting hurt. What is your strategy at the end of the night? We usually skip fireworks or we hide out in a store and wait it out
I have NEVER worried about crowd control at Disney. Saw the South Korea news (very sad) but have not felt the need to skip fireworks. I have had long waits sometimes when using Disney transportation after parties, but that is a separate issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter