Crowd Reports! 10/19-10/26

FreshTressa

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
Crowds definitely got bigger as the week went by.

SUN 10-19, Blizzard beach from 10-2. Loved it, not crowded at all, no lines for rides.
MNSSHP 3-12. We got there at 3, walked onto buzz twice and Space mountain twice. I think it was a great time to get there since a lot of people were leaving after the 3:00 parade. We pretty much rode everything that night, and got lots of candy. We didn't catch any of the quieter things like presidents, but got lots of riding in. The line for the photo with cindy in front of the coach was LONG. We refused to wait.

MON 10-20 Epcot. Lines were long for test track and Mission Space. We used fast passes and it was no problem. Everything else was light.

TUES 10-21 Magic Kingdom more crowded than on Sunday. We got to ride everything though. Waited 45 minutes for POOH, were at the very FRONT of the line and it broke down. That took a chunk out of our riding time. Waited about 15 minutes per ride. Long lines for character photos.

WED 10-22Animal Kingdom. Waited 15 minutes for the safari, and everything else was less than 5 minutes. The place SEEMED crowded, lots of people, but the lines were short. We got DRENCHED on Kali river rapids and never did dry out that day.

Thursday 10-23 MGM Crowds seemed really heavy. Waits for TOT and RnR were about an hour each. The shows were always packed. For some strange reason though, we seemed to time everything perfectly and saw every show and rode every ride without a wait. So, it seemed like timing was key.

Friday-Typhoon Lagoon, much more crowded than blizzard beach. 10 minute waits for slides.

Saturday-Epcot, crowded, but manageable. Not packed, but definitely not empty!

Sunday 10-26, yesterday-MK was PACKED. Lines were very long for every ride. The fast passes weren't going out very far, so it worked for us to grab a fast pass to a ride, then go to another ride and wait in line, then go back to fast pass ride. We got in 14 rides before 3 that day doing that.

So, crowds were definately there. It was not empty like previous Octobers we went, but it was manageable. We just took it easy and if something was crowded, we went and did something else. We had a great time! Crowds really weren't a big issue and our hotel was sold out. I am hoping this is how the rest of the FTP days go!

We just used our MNSSHP passes and they put bracelets on us right there. But I don't know the exact rules!

We were there from 10/18-10/25 and felt like it was way too crowded to enjoy in the shortnened hours. Got there early when park opened and it was okay for the first hour at each park, but after that it seemed jammed wherever we went. DH thinks we are jinxed since everytime we plan a trip thinking it will be light, we are so wrong! I think FTP really increased the volume of people. We stayed at GF and it was packed as well, pools etc. Could not get a character meal booked upon our arrival for the whole week! Oh well, I guess we'll try again in couple years, this trip really soured me for the time being.

We went the 18th-25th. We have never been so I have nothing to compare crowds too but I thought the crowds were very manageable. We did EMH Sunday the 19th at MKand walked right onto rides besides Dumbo which had a long line so we skipped it and did it on Thursday EMH. We did EMH at Animal Kingdom on Friday and waited only like 5 minutes for the Safari. Crowds looked large but waits werent long. Kali River Rapids wait time was 45 minutes but took only 15 minutes. I was worried about previous reports but was relieved when we got to the parks. I'm glad we did the EMH. Worked out good for us.

We were at Magic Kingdom on the 21st and I thought the crowds were less then the last two years (we always go this time of year) - We did go to MGM on Wed the 22nd and it did seem more crowded then the previous years, but never more then a 25 minute wait and usually we just walked right on!

Originally posted by shelleyz
Crowds looked large but waits werent long.
That's exactly what we found. We were there from the 17th-26th. As we entered the park each day we'd be thinking "oh, no...this is worse than summer" but once we started doing the attractions, it was not that bad. Except for RnR & TT, the waits were quite reasonable. It looked worse than it actually was.

We were there from the 22-27 and I thought the crowds were light (comparing to June). The longest line I waited in was for the bathroom at the Comedy Warehouse in PI. We only got 2 fastpasses the whole trip for The Little Mermaid and for Test Track(didn't really need it but thought we would get it and go on to mission space). We only did EMH at AK.

Lol, Tracie, that was it exactly. I think the longest we waited was for food at Columbia Harbor House and for the Bathroom in Epcot.

I agree....it LOOKED crowded, but wait times were always fine.

How do you get a MNSSHP pass? Is it something special you have to send away for or what? We will be going Nov 7 & 8 and really want to ride this ride! Any info would be helpful.

We were there 19-26th as well, and I agree with your assessment, it felt crowded but the lines were not bad at all!!
Over all a great trip with great weather!!!

MNSSHP is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and isn't a ride. I think it will be over by the time you get there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter