Crowds at AK on After Hours Event days

KellDy

Mouseketeer
They just added an After Hours Event the day we will be in AK, Oct 26. How is that going to effect crowd levels. Am I correct to assume 7:00-9:00 will be crazy busy? I was planning on us staying until 9 & doing RoL because on our 2nd AK day we will be leaving by 7:00/8:00 to get to bed early for EEMH at DHS the next day. I really don't want to rearrange our days. We are only on property 1 night to get EMH for AK & DHS. Tell me it's not going to be too bad.

“Crazy busy crowds” has not been a hallmark at any of the parks that offer DAH events to date during that 7pm+ time. Yes, more people will be in the park that might not have otherwise been there, but so many people are on different agendas and the guest count is generally small enough to “absorb” into the park without it really being making a noticeable difference. Plus you have people that might not show up until the actual event time, or people that opted to not go that day because they were going to the event that night, etc. Lots of things going on.

Long winded way of saying I wouldn’t worry about it. To date, DAH has not been like MNSSHP and MVMCP which do draw a material number of people in the 4pm+ time and make MK feel crowded. In a big park like DAK, you should be all good.

AK AH offers it's on private showing of ROL. So anyone staying for that event will likely just be riding rides during the regularly timed ROL.

Honestly, you will get so much done during DAH there is no need to go into the park earlier and wait on lines (even FP lines). We went during a very busy time (mid July, parks were very busy our week). Walked on everything at DAH multiple times and left an hour early.

We arrived a little before 9 watched ROL in the FP section, used the rest room, rode EE multiple times with no wait. Navi River no wait. Then FOP 3 times no wait. Then back to EE. We chose to skip dinosaur.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!