Crowds in Late August

Yuliannax7

Earning My Ears
We are traveling in the last week of August :bounce: and I was wondering what will the crowd volume I should expect then??

We were at Disney two years ago, i have 2 kids DS (6yr) & DD (16 mo) I know it is very easy to do MGM and AK in a short time. The last trip we did AK and Epcot in one day and MGM one day MK 2 days. This time around we will do AK and MGM in one day MK 1 day and Epcot 1day. We might go to Universal this time around i heard they got a few good things for the young ones. On off days we will do pools and relax, we will need to re energize for the next day at the park. What do you guys recommend as an itinerary?

I will take it easy but i would like to know where are the good and shady spots for nap times and any other secrets and hints that any one can fill me in with. also what types of food at the park is good for babies? what would you recommend that i get for her? i will pack snacks but under the heat i don't want to pack perishables.
:Pinkbounc

:wave: THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR HELP! :p

Last year my family went in August to WDW and the crowds were there, but definitly bearable . We took our two daughters who at the time were 4 and 17 months , the problem of course is the heat. Our strategy was to arrive early then leave around noon, (we stayed at the Poly so this was easy) hang out and relax and then return when the afternoon storms had passed, yes in August here in Fl we usually get afternoon rain. We also took advantage of an e night and we planned our touring so we visited whichever park was open the lateset at night, which was usually EPCOT.

Pmart,
Thank you so much for your reply. i will try too keep cool. last time we realy didn't get to see Epcot so it will be a definate stop for us.

:confused: i have 2 questions for you. i see that you live in florida. i was once told that residents of florida get special prices for admitions for the park. is that true? and if it is were are they advertised? :confused: Also In augaust there is a lot of rain fall? how long does it last because i noticed that you said in the afternoon. is it short run? :confused:

First about the rain, in the summer months, we always get afternoon rain storms , they are usually quick and they tend to clear out the parks LOL.

Fl residents do indeed get discounts, that are usually advertised locally. You have to prove residency with a drivers license, I always take advantage of the deals, it really helps living so close to the mouse.

Thanx SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the insider input :D

My mother inlaw has a place in Ft. Laterdale but no licence to proove it with. i will figure something out. ( with in leagal limits) ;)

thank you Again

I believe you can get some sort of state photo ID that isn't a drivers license. Look for info on the play 4 pass. it's probably on mousesavers.com. It's 4 parks days for $99. But only the FL resident can use it. They can't buy for anyone else. Well, maybe for the kids.

Disneyworld.com has a section for FL residents. You just need to enter a FL zip code to view it. Also, the main ticket section of that site has info on proof of residency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter