CRT breakfast - what is the optimal day and/or time?

MECH8T7

DIS Veteran
I gather from the other threads is that the practical answer is that the optimal day or time is whichever one you can get as a PS for CRT breakfast.

But, if you are in a situation where you have the choice, which do you think would be better?

1. Early in the morning on a day when MK has early entry.

2. Late in the morning on a day when MK has early entry.

3. Early in the morning on a day when MK does not have early entry.

We're going to be there during the week before Easter. I don't know when MK opens in the morning but let's assume that with early entry, MK opens at 8 am. My thinking is that with "2", you would be able to take advantage of early entry and still have the CRT breakfast. The downside of going on a morning w/o early entry is that, this might be a day when we might have otherwise have been trying to take advantage of early entry at another WDW resort and, if you want to spend time that day at MK, you would be getting a relatively late start on touring MK.

(Given that we are going around Easter, the whole concept of trying to plan out a CRT ressie is a little ridiculous...but, hey, its fun to fantasize!)

TIA for your thoughts.

Perhaps someone better versed in CRT can correct me, but there are times when you can have an early PS at Cinderella's BEFORE the park is open, so that breakfast does not take up any touring park time at all. That would be my recommendation.

Second choice would be #2, latest seating you can get, and then park hop to an non-EE park afterwards.

Calling for CRT generally, though, means you blurt out the date and hope there is a table left, at any time. Seems some folks are having an easier time of it recently, though, but those tables still get snapped up in a couple of minutes.

I vote for option 3, but then we stay off-site and avoid the EMH park. I called in for our trip in early March and was offered my choice of times for CRT. I took 8:05. I love entering the empty park early and taking some pictures in front of the castle. Hopefully we'll be done eating and be at the rope drop under the castle at 9:00. We did this last Thanksgiving and we were on the very first Dumbo ride of the day!

Definitely get the earliest time possible on a non-EE day. We had an 8:10 and were done by 8:50. The breakfast is really quick. It's preplated so, you don't have to wait long for your food. Also, the princesses come around quickly and stay at each table just long enough for a picture. We waited outside for the official opening at 9:00 and were able to get on all the Fantasyland rides right away.

I made my ressies only 30 days out so I was happy to get anything at all, but it worked out better than I ever could have dreamt.

We had an 8:30 PS, but arrived at MK at 8 on a non-early entry day. Only people with CRT PS were being allowed thru the gate. We strolled down Main Street, took a whole bunch of fantastic pictures in front of the castle. When we got to the Castle we were seated immediately, even though we were 15 minutes early.

We finished right at 9 and rode everything we wanted in Fantasyland (Dumbo twice!) by 10 am.

In a million years I couldn't have planned it that well. Our stars were aligned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter