CRT dinner was FANTASTIC!!!!!! (pics)

kjs1976

Thanks for the magic, Walt!
Just got back from a 4 day 30th b-day trip. Let me tell you, spending your b-day at WDW is the best! I highly recommend it for kiddos and adults!!! I booked CRT in May the day we booked our trip with free dining. I went back and forth all summer, not sure if it was the best idea, since it used two TS credits and got mixed reviews on here. I decided to keep it because the idea of celebrating my b-day dinner in the castle was more magic than I could think of!

First thing, they made us wait until 5 min. before our scheduled ADR to check in. We originally came by at 5:05 and she said ok, come back at 5:15 to check in for 5:20. Alright, so we killed time in the surrounding gift shops. Then we got our pic taken with Cindy....not to impressive...you could tell she had been there a while, she was tired and not too fun and interactive. We waited about 10 min. for our table total. We were seated in front of the center window!!!! It was AWESOME!!!!!! Keir was our waitress. We had her in 2004 for lunch and she is GREAT!!!!! I never get over how they call ladies "my lady" or "princess".....awkward, but fun!

The food....oh my, soooooo much to eat! DH went with the BLT salad and I the corn and crab chowder. The chowder was very tasty and unique...a big bowl of it! Could've been a meal in itself for me with the pretzil rolls. DH said the salad was good, I forgot to try a bite. Dh ordered the roast chicken with polenta for his entree. He loved the chicken, but not the polenta....to "different" for his taste. I liked it...was flavored with the chicken stock. I ordered the cheese tortilini (sp?) because I was in a pasta mood. The serving size was easily enough for two!!!!! And it was very delicious!!!!! It was tossed in a creamy tomato sauce and had a few julienned veggies...would've liked and expected more, but that's ok. It was hard not to eat more but I knew cake was coming for dessert!

I special ordered a b-day cake from the info given on the cake thread. I ordered a chocolate cake w/chocolate frosting. It was $25 for the 8 in. and came to $34 with tax and gratuity....they kill you there! But it was a gift from my bro so I was excited to splurge on it. Keir asked if we wanted dessert in addition to the cake, which we didn't. So she said she'd bring a dish of vanilla ice cream to go with the cake if we wanted, to which we said "great!" And it was a perfect accompaniment!!! Our $90+ dinner cost us only $34 for the cake with free dining. We would never just do this dinner OOP. It seems perfect for a special occassion. The pics were a nice touch and well-put together with a pic of the castle. Excellent for a family shot. In short we left full and well satisfied with this special b-day dinner. :thumbsup2

A few things I didn't like....having Cindy in the lobby with a quick photo shoot seemed impersonal...especially with families and kids who wanted to interact with her. When the fairy god mother and mice do their little show during dinner, it seemed quick and they movbe by you table so fast you can't get a picture....which they say in advance, but again, seemed very impersonal for the kids who want to interact with them and for the price.

Any questions, I'd be happy to answer!

DH's half-eaten chicken with polenta.
ed534850.jpg

My tortilini...mmmmm!
ed53475d.jpg

My cake and ice cream!!!
ed535d9d.jpg

Our royal view!
ed53465e.jpg

THANX for the great review! Very pretty cake! What a good bro! Glad you had a good time. I still think CRT is great for a special occasion even with the exorbitant pricing. Did you request the window seat? Was yours a table for 2 or is it large enough for 4?
:tink:

We did not request the table, but were very pleased! The table was for 2. There was a table on either side of us facing the window for 4-5.

I celebrated my 32nd birthday this year with a dinner at CRT (right before it switched from 1 TS to 2TS). We were also lucky enough to get a window seat. I have to say that it was incredibly magical to spend your birthday having dinner at the castle!

Glad someone had a good dinner at CRT...our's was AWFUL. Only good part was the dessert (slipper). Certainly not worth the $120 it would have cost us if we were not on DDP

It's nice to hear a good review with so many disappointed with it recently. I have reservations on sept 12, and I have almost cancelled several times. I think we're just going to try it ourselves! Thank you! :wave:

Hi, I'm glad you had a magical birthday in the castle. Thanks for the pics! :) That will be one birthday you will never forget.

I had booked (but had to cancel) a CRT birthday dinner for two for Oct. I have a question for the OP or anyone who knows... the cm on the phone who took the original ressie for the dinner said the dinner would cost a total of $107.00 including tax and there seemed to be another charge involved, but I wasn't sure what it was. My 20 year old (now totally deaf) kitty cat was meowing loudly :cat: and the connection was fuzzy, so I didn't ask. It just seemed like a lot since I thought the dinner itself was $89 before tax. Anybody know what the extra $11(?) was for?
Tink

Thank you SO much for the review. I am going on a trip with my sister and cousin who have never been to WDW and we are having dinner at CRT. I debated for a long time whether to do CRT or the Hoop-De-Doo show and ended up picking CRT. I think it was a good choice for a first timer. I hope our dinner is as magical as yours was!

TinkerbellMagic-
I'm not sure why it would be that expensive. Maybe with tax and gratuity at 18%??? I know 18% is standard for gratuity on the dining plan. Adults are $39.99 and children $24.99.

kjs1976 said:
TinkerbellMagic-
I'm not sure why it would be that expensive. Maybe with tax and gratuity at 18%??? I know 18% is standard for gratuity on the dining plan. Adults are $39.99 and children $24.99.

Thanks, I was really stumped by the price. The dinner was me and my 7 year old DGS, so not even two adults. I thought the cm on the phone said "and $11 for..." and I didn't hear what that charge was for due to the bad connection and the cat howling. It was a birthday dinner, but I didn't order a cake or anything. But whew! $107 for an adult and one child. I did cancel the ressie because after talking to DGS, he said he'd rather be with his favorite characters (Chip and Dale) on his birthday, than be in the castle. Boy, I was on the phone in a hurry to cancel the castle ADR. I really wanted lunch anyway so I could have the Major Domo pie, so it all worked out for the best. Sorry to be WAY off topic.

Tink

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter