CRT/PSB a letdown for anyone else?

F1Julie

Mosquito Magnet
After unsuccessfully trying for CRT and PSB on past trips, I finally got both for our December trip. We went to PSB last Thursday and CRT on Saturday. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was really disappointed by both breakfasts. At each of them, the princesses came around very quickly and spent maybe 30 seconds with my DD. Then it was off to the next table. We have done most of the character meals, and have never had such little character interaction. I won't be getting up early trying to get either of these breakfasts for any future trips. Anyone else in the same boat?

We've done both and while we enjoyed them, once was enough for us. We did go to CRT for dinner last week and we really really loved it. While there were no characters, the food was awesome!

:D

We did the PSB this go around and I LOVED the food and the service, but agree with you about the character interaction... it was really rather blah. I doubt we'd do it again... just not worth the money spent.

We are a CRT for a CB on Dec 7th. Let me just say I really enjoyed it. Our server David was awsome and had us in stiches. Now I have determined something about the characters. It really depends on the person who is the character that day. While Snow White seemed like she had to run and go clean the dwarfs cottage, Belle and Jasmine both spend alot of time at each table. So maybe the people in character at your meal all just couldnt get in to the magic. Anyway just my opinion

We have done both and have found that there is a "volume" greet that must be met. These are "blow by" visits that cost a lot of money. You can see the characters in EPCOT in the respective lands, so unless you like spending a lot of money for breakfast, it doesn't make sense. The money spent for these meals could easily be used for a nice keepsake item that your child can have to remember the trip by. Personally, the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Faire is the best return for investment. Since it is a buffet, there is a lot of variety and the minimal character interaction is less noticed.

Definitely over rated. CRT's food is a little better but I think they both lack quality for the price. And now that you can see the princesses in MK and EPCOT in places other than the meals we will definitely be scratching both breakfasts from our list.

We must be in the minority, but we really enjoyed the food at CRT. If we could get a PS without all the hassle, we'd definitely go back. However, we didn't like the food at PSB at all. We probably wouldn't return there, even if we could easily get a PS. Just our opinions. :)

I agree-- both meals can be let downs from the perspective of the princess magic angle - especially for the cost and the anticipation of seeing the princesses-- CRT more than PSB. We have consistently had better character interaction at PSB than CRT-- although the food tends to be better at CRT than PSB. Also, I am pretty good about "working" the characters so that they stay long enough for the children to actually sort of have "a meal with the characters"-- conversation and laughter- rather than a quick autograph and picture as the character is running to the next table. However, both of these meals require a lot of work to get some of the more magical, spontaneous interactions with the children. We do them every so often, but they are not a priority any more because they tend to be pretty stressful. I also agree that some great princess interaction can be had at Epcot-- comfortable, sweet conversations that make life long memories. Then, as someone else suggested, rather than spend money on a plated breakfast, do 1900 Park for dinner-- the character interaction has always been great and the food quite good.

We went to CRT a couple of years ago. I had like three different people calling for me to get the PS. Hated to tell MIL when I came back that it was soooo not worth the effort. Lousy character interaction and they were hardly at the table. Plus we had the worst waitress we have ever had at a Disney restaurant. Pretty view of the carousel out our window was the best part of it all. I never know what to say to the characters to sort of get the interaction going, but figured face characters would at least have something to say. Not the day we were there. Took the picture, signed the book and left.

Same trip my DD rode the teacups with Alice in Wonderland and they chatted the whole ride! Didn't even turn the cup they were talking so much! And that was free!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter