CRT with Dining Plan

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
Do I understand correctly that if I book 180 days ahead, I'll have to charge to my credit card, and I won't be credited back for it until 180 days later when they scan in my dining credits at the CRT meal?

If you have a dining plan that is accepted at CRT and you book your ADR with a linked reservation that shows you have a dining plan then your credit card is just used as a guarantee and not charged unless you are a no show.

If you have a dining plan that is accepted at CRT and you book your ADR with a linked reservation that shows you have a dining plan then your credit card is just used as a guarantee and not charged unless you are a no show.

that's good to know. What if I don't purchase the dining plan until after I make the CRT ADR?

that's good to know. What if I don't purchase the dining plan until after I make the CRT ADR?

Then you'll have to pre-pay with the credit card and get refunded at the door when you use credits. I don't think they can refund beforehand and apply the dining plan without canceling and re-booking, which is always dangerous to do, with CRT being a high-demand ADR.

Yes, it only works if you have already purchased the dining plan, if you plan to purchase it later, you will need to pre-pay,but you can change your payment to dining credits at a later time.

I guess I should ask - if I make the ADR and some of my party doesn't show up, do I still have to pay full amount if I paid with a credit card? What if I had dining plan credits in my account at time of making ADR?

Hmmm....I have the Regular Dining Plan, made my CRT reservation and my credit card was charged the full amount.

I'll be interested how this turns out. In fact, could I call after I book our dining plan if we booked it after our ADR -would they convert it after the fact?

If you made your ADR and then bought the dining plan you'll have to tell them at your ADR that you want to pay using dining plan creedits and then they will refund your original money.

In the PP's case it SOUNDS as though they specifically had a dining plan and when they booked their ADR it charged their card instead of reserving with dining plan credits and just using the credit card as a guarantee. In that case something went wrong and Disney should fix it now vs waiting to refund their money after the fact.

Another crazy situation that may happen: what if I pay for dining plan and link to my MDE, then make my CRT reservation, then later cancel my dining plan? Do I simply pay at CRT at dining time?

I'll be interested how this turns out. In fact, could I call after I book our dining plan if we booked it after our ADR -would they convert it after the fact?
Yes. The easiest would be to wait and have your cc refunded when you dine.

You can call after you book the dining plan and have your card refunded, but make it clear to the castmember that you do NOT want to cancel the reservation. Some phone castmembers will want to do the easier method which is cancel the reservation, refund your cc, then re-book the reservation, but in the time between cancelling and re-booking someone else could snap up your cancelled reservation and you will no longer have a reservation. If this is what the castmember wants to do, hang up and try again or ask for a supervisor. Even if you secure the reservation with the dining plan you will have to give your cc info for the no show penalty.

Another crazy situation that may happen: what if I pay for dining plan and link to my MDE, then make my CRT reservation, then later cancel my dining plan? Do I simply pay at CRT at dining time?
Yes, you will pay when you dine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!