Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It specifically says a hotel reservation does not guarantee it. My sources last week said that if someone doesn’t get park days to match tickets, some level of refund will be provided,

So, IMO, I would not assume you will have an easy time, especially if July and August are your travel dates...which are mine, but I am DVc so we will go regardless of how many days we get.
I would interpret it to mean, yes, there's some priority, but if you either don't use your priority window or make a late reservation in a resort, don't think you'll be able to march up to the gates and there will be a special guaranteed entrance for resort guests.

Does that mean the other DVC resort feature pools will be opened? What about splash pads?

It now mentions feature pools...but honestly, I don’t think that means at the start...but when the WDW resort section opens. I think we will have to wait until June 22nd to know for sure

ETA, It looks like they may be...doesn’t mention splash pads

Does that mean the other DVC resort feature pools will be opened? What about splash pads?
It says they WILL be open. Says Yacht and Beach club guests can enjoy the BCV leisure pool. So can't even go over to Boardwalk to swim there.

I'm actually furious about this (even though we did have a little warning) They can find staffing to open all the other feature pools but NOT the one that people explicitly stay at the Beach Club for?!

I need to know what chance it has of opening by September to know if we should try to switch.

I would interpret it to mean, yes, there's some priority, but if you either don't use your priority window or make a late reservation in a resort, don't think you'll be able to march up to the gates and there will be a special guaranteed entrance for resort guests.

Honestly, I am going to take it for what it says and not count on it until I have them.

One thing is new....a hotel reservation does not guarantee you are getting in the park.
Didn’t most already think this was going to be the case if you didn’t already have tickets linked with the reservation before the announced the reopening.

It specifically says a hotel reservation does not guarantee it. My sources last week said that if someone doesn’t get park days to match tickets, some level of refund will be provided,

So, IMO, I would not assume you will have an easy time, especially if July and August are your travel dates...which are mine, but I am DVc so we will go regardless of how many days we get.
I hope they open these park reservations well in advance of opening so ppl can know if they want to cancel hotel days.

Also interesting they say guests “may” be subject to additional screenings. Says nothing about temperature checks that I could see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!