Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
After more Family discussions, LOL, I just dropped some days at BCV and replaced with BWV so we aren’t stuck for 9 flippin’ days at BCV without SAB. That way, we hedge our bets. If SAB opens, we will have a couple days to enjoy. If not, Clownie, here we come! 😂 It makes us move resorts an extra time but that’s ok.

Whew, I shall now shut up on the SAB saga and return to anxiety for SWGE opening.

interestingly, or not, the dropped days at BCV never went back into inventory. Bet Disney is hoarding.

Or, waitlist!

So onsite guests or guests with a dining reservation only. No off site guests anymore (unless you have a dining reservation)??? Wow. Let's hope this doesn't stay post-Covid.
Does that mean no QS restaurants at any of the other resorts? Hard to believe. If I'm staying for a week at Grand Floridian with limited park access, the only QS I have is Gasparilla for many days? Are we not going to be able to take the monorail over to Contemporary and Polynesian and eat at Contempo Cafe or Captain Cooks? That's not a deal breaker, but that really might be annoying to be so limited in our options.

Does this mean 30 days from our check in we will be able to book for our whole trip? I hope they announce whether MNSHHP is a definite, because I wouldn’t be as worried about getting a MK day if I knew we would be there for the party.

I think you need to be prepared for that to be a last minute decision (for August parties).

Does this mean 30 days from our check in we will be able to book for our whole trip? I hope they announce whether MNSHHP is a definite, because I wouldn’t be as worried about getting a MK day if I knew we would be there for the party.
30 days and yes book the whole trip when the first day of your 30 hits.
Fwiw. I wouldnt count on mnsshp m as ybe 15% likely.. I wouldn't count on f&w. I would give candlelight and Christmas parties a 50% or less shot at this moment

30 days and yes book the whole trip when the first day of your 30 hits.
Fwiw. I wouldnt count on mnsshp m as ybe 15% likely.. I wouldn't count on f&w. I would give candlelight and Christmas parties a 50% or less shot at this moment

what about early morning magic?

No answers on that yet. Assume no because the pass is not active. But again. Haven't been told anything for now
Is that no that AP voucher holders won’t qualify for previews or no AP voucher holders don’t count as having tickets? I’m hoping and assuming it’s the first but I wanted to double check.

No answers on that yet. Assume no because the pass is not active. But again. Haven't been told anything for now
Do you expect we will get any more jaw-dropping news or have they done all the shocking they expect to, and now we all wait for res windows to announce?

Thanks! The reservation system staying long term is what worries me. We are booked for March 2021 for 6 days and planned (before all this happened) to be able to spend two days at AK and two at MK plus one each at HS and EPCOT. After I by 6 day tickets I don't want to not be able to get into the parks we want to do or worse only some days. I really hope it all makes sense and works well after they get it all worked out.

30 day rolling window and the reservation system for parks could very well be long term.
What does rolling window mean. Your window will open for your whole stay like fastpasses? Or everyday you will have to get onto the site to make a park reservations?

Ugh. I don’t like the 30 day park reservation window for a few reasons...if it’s for length of stay as suggested I’ll likely/possibly get cut out for my shorter 3 day long weekend trips (basically any trip I take with my family’s schedule limitations) in favor of someone who has a longer stay and it’s one day shy of the DVC cancellation window so I’ll be stuck with a park free stay if I don’t get park reservations.

Thanks! The reservation system staying long term is what worries me. We are booked for March 2021 for 6 days and planned (before all this happened) to be able to spend two days at AK and two at MK plus one each at HS and EPCOT. After I by 6 day tickets I don't want to not be able to get into the parks we want to do or worse only some days. I really hope it all makes sense and works well after they get it all worked out.

Disney is going to jam the parks as soon as they can. I don’t think anyone should be worried about 2021 just yet.

Ok, there is a lot of info that was put out today for those arriving June 22-July 5. Should I assume that a similar email will go out to those with reservations for the rest of July, at a later point (after June 12?), asking to indicate if they plan to keep their reservation (and confirm it), modify it, or cancel it? And with similar language about potentially be moved to a different resort?

Just speculating, but I doubt they are going to block access between the walkable resorts.That would require so much manpower because physically blocking them is a nearly impossible task. I think they are going to have to consider GF and Poly one big campus and the same with Epcot resorts. However, you may not be able drive into one of them without a dining adr (we have been at WDW when that rule has been enforced) and they could possibly screen MBs before getting on transportation or at the IG exit to discourage others not staying there.

Does that mean no QS restaurants at any of the other resorts? Hard to believe. If I'm staying for a week at Grand Floridian with limited park access, the only QS I have is Gasparilla for many days? Are we not going to be able to take the monorail over to Contemporary and Polynesian and eat at Contempo Cafe or Captain Cooks? That's not a deal breaker, but that really might be annoying to be so limited in our options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!