Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the short run they can and will do whatever they want as a far as FP+ and DP, and even limited attendance and hours.
They have well over 30,000 rooms to fill every night and I don't think people will be as enthusiastic about spending their money without some benefits returning when things get better...it's all about filling the rooms $$$$$

Does anyone know if you can book at the B Resort and be counted as a on property park reservation guest? They made more room for reservations for people staying on property but not for the annual Passholder. With not being able to book at a Disney hotel, how do they think they are going to fill those reservations they made available?

Does anyone know if you can book at the B Resort and be counted as a on property park reservation guest? They made more room for reservations for people staying on property but not for the annual Passholder. With not being able to book at a Disney hotel, how do they think they are going to fill those reservations they made available?
I’m staying at B Resort in July and have AP and park passes.

Doesn’t look like that’s what Shanghai got. Maybe though, I didn’t look too hard. Looks like they’re selling bundled rides.
WDW is different than other Disney locations and that is why I doubt they stray much from the former FP+ system. FP+ allows them to charge a huge increase in price from off site hotels, makes extra hour events more attractive, encourages longer stays, allows them to charge partner hotels for the 60 day window, makes their shabby club level more attractive, makes VIP tours more attractive, etc. If WDW house to an UO Express Pass type system, WDW damages all those revenue streams FP+ makes more attractive.

So we either get the return of FP+/something really similar or we are going to get something something like a $500 per day UO like Express Pass system to make up for the revenue hits Disney will take on the things FP+ set up drives business to.

All the hotels that used to allow 60 day fp and emh access have access to the resort park reservation “bucket.” B Resort is one of those.

You are assuming they want to fill all available reservation slots.

I'm very curious how long lines will extend given the 6ft distance, and the walk space. Not to mention one crack of thunder and a downpour. Clustering in stores to avoid the rain. Another time at MK Under the Sea in line, everyone behind smashed in together to get out of the downpour while in the end part of the line to push forward to the inside part. Another time, we and many others all went into Pecos Bill, wall to wall people to get out of the thunderstorm. Very curious how it all goes!
I am curious as well about lines. I rememer lining up to see Elsa after Frozen came out and being in a 2.5 hour line heavily guared by cms and tons of people cutting in if you left even a smidgen of space. How will they deal with huge gaps and line cutters? I'd be curious to know how the previews go with dealing with large lines.

I am curious as well about lines. I rememer lining up to see Elsa after Frozen came out and being in a 2.5 hour line heavily guared by cms and tons of people cutting in if you left even a smidgen of space. How will they deal with huge gaps and line cutters? I'd be curious to know how the previews go with dealing with large lines.

Line cutters to the disney jail. :-)

I saw a post today that due to distancing/limiting numbers @ Kidani’s pool, you had to line up & wait for someone to leave before you could get in to use the pool. It’ll be interesting to see how they manage pools once they reopen - w/ reduced capacity at both pools and parks. Interesting times ahead.

There was a post on FB from someone staying at Kidani who claimed another guest had invited local friend so use the Kidani pool. Apparently today they were confirming the pool guests were actually staying at the resort. Disney really needs a way to make sure 1) only resort guests are using the pools, and 2) all of those resort guests have a chance to use the pool. It's not hard. There are pools all over the country who are doing this very thing every single day - reduced capacity with a reservation system in place.

There was a post on FB from someone staying at Kidani who claimed another guest had invited local friend so use the Kidani pool. Apparently today they were confirming the pool guests were actually staying at the resort. Disney really needs a way to make sure 1) only resort guests are using the pools, and 2) all of those resort guests have a chance to use the pool. It's not hard. There are pools all over the country who are doing this very thing every single day - reduced capacity with a reservation system in place.

At Aulani everyone needs to bring their room keys and get wrist bands. They check against the names of all the people in the room. Since the pool area is accessible from a public beach.

I feel this has always been a problem at the Volcano Pool at the Poly even after they put up the fence that requires Magic Band access. People would just hold the gate open to be courteous. Anyone could get in by just waiting for someone to open the gate.

Can anyone with a recent stay on a 1 bedroom villa tell me if they still have all the dishes & cookware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!