Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anybody actually expect Disney to shut down again? It is clear that Disney leadership is pretty “tight” with the governor and mayor, and I find it hard to believe either of those will jump to a decision to force Disney to close. I would expect mandatory masks statewide soon. Disney, as a business, would be doing so much financial and PR damage if they closed again within the next few months. I just can’t imagine this happening. But then again, I never expected any of this to happen to begin with.
I think sadly they are 1 bad story away from doing just that. How bad that story has to be is the tough question. I think the NBA complicates things to. Closing would be an acknowledgement that it’s not safe and players would be calling to shut it down. What a mess that would be...remember, the country basically stood up and took notice when the MBA shut down the first time. Shutting down the league would be crushing to WDW, ESPN, and the nations psyche...

I think sadly they are 1 bad story away from doing just that. How bad that story has to be is the tough question. I think the NBA complicates things to. Closing would be an acknowledgement that it’s not safe and players would be calling to shut it down. What a mess that would be...remember, the country basically stood up and took notice when the MBA shut down the first time. Shutting down the league would be crushing to WDW, ESPN, and the nations psyche...

I am inclined to agree with this. I wish I were wrong, but with Florida in the state it is in, it seems inevitable that there will be a bad story coming out and some sort of closure will need to occur again.

Does anybody actually expect Disney to shut down again? It is clear that Disney leadership is pretty “tight” with the governor and mayor, and I find it hard to believe either of those will jump to a decision to force Disney to close. I would expect mandatory masks statewide soon. Disney, as a business, would be doing so much financial and PR damage if they closed again within the next few months. I just can’t imagine this happening. But then again, I never expected any of this to happen to begin with.

NO clue. I think the discussion re: this is more political than the board allows, since the reason they opened is political, and whether they shut down or not, will be political. At this point though, my guess is no, they won't, even if they should.

I love the CMs. If I see one from where I am from I stop and chat. If I recognize one I tell them I do. I thank them profusely. I've had one truly unpleasant CM experience and it almost ruined the entire day. When it's bad, it's bad.

I love when I see one from "Pittsburgh." One time at a character dining the entertainment CM said, "I'm not actually from Pittsburgh. I'm from <town near Pgh>." We laughed and said, "We live just down the way from you in <another town near Pgh>." She then gave my daughter some extra special attention during the character entertainment. :)

I have one of those two. She also has some Asthma issues and coughs a lot. I am pretty worried about traveling. I fully expect to need to travel with paperwork about her medical issues.:groom:

I have a bit of an asthmatic cough at times. I will have my inhalers on me at all times, both my daily and rescue. If I have to take a puff of the rescue to calm anyone down, I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter