Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's a union thing that they recalled all the attraction cm and are giving them their regular number of hours, either they are pt or ft, but cm are now often asked by their management if they want to clock out early, as early as 2 hours into their shift, obviously is up to the cm to take it or not, but they are definitely over staffed

I dont know the current contract changes, but previously hours for ft were generally guaranteed.

Breaking even probably isn't where they're at. They say they are meeting positive contribution, but by less than they expected. They also have "head winds" ahead of them of quieter months of September and October with no Halloween parties, plus expected increasing covid cases in many areas.
This is also me. We were going to head down from Michigan the end of September for my DD's graduation trip. She wanted to go to MNSSHP. Because of the numbers of cases in Florida, we decided to move the trip out to December. I'm hoping we don't have to move it out again.

This is also me. We were going to head down from Michigan the end of September for my DD's graduation trip. She wanted to go to MNSSHP. Because of the numbers of cases in Florida, we decided to move the trip out to December. I'm hoping we don't have to move it out again.
We moved our trip twice already, from April, to June and then out again. In June we moved it all the way out to March 2021 thinking, 'surely it would be back to normal by then'. 2 months later, I'm not as sure it will be normal by then.

The only issue is parking your own vehicle without a dining reservation, you will be turned away everywhere, even from pop and cbr which were easy to park without one. You can visit any resort as long as you're walking or taking Disney buses . Haven't tried uber or lyft
I would say that I wouldn't count on getting in with uber or lyft. When we were there 3 weeks ago, when we lyfted to a couple other resorts for dining reservations, they took our info at the gate most of the time. I think only once did they just wave the driver through without stopping to check first.

My daughter and I have 4-day FL resident tickets that we've only used one day of. It's been over a week (length of time that the tickets were valid) but we were told we can still use the remaining days on the tickets (long story) but that we will have to reserve our days in person at a Guest Relations office. They said they were unable to "reactivate" our tickets or reserve dates for us, but that a CM would be able to do this for us if we visited Guest Relations at any park. They gave me some kind of number to give the CM--I guess it's like a case number or something.

We only live a little over an hour away but I don't want to drive all the way up there and back just to take care of this. We have resort reservations for Aug 17-23 and were planning on visiting the parks for our remaining three days then. My husband and son are also coming so I will need to buy 3-day tickets for them as well.

Do you think they will still have park availability left if we show up on the 17th and want reservations for my daughter and me and tickets and reservations for my husband and son for the 18th, 20th, and 22nd? I don't want to buy my husband and son their tickets until I know for sure my daughter and I will be able to get park reservations too.

It might be best to just drive up there and take care of it, but I hate to waste the time. I guess if it ends up we can't get into a park, we could always go to Universal--we have APs there.

It is impressive they can turn a positive amount of $ in the parks. Opens your eyes a little as to how overpriced literally everything was to begin with and how much more cast should actually be paid!

Kinda wish they had finished EPCOT and took a small loss.

Kinda wish they had finished EPCOT and took a small loss.
I'm glad they many never finish the planned projects. I hate that they are turning Epcot into another IP based park. Instead of adding in Guardians, Moana and Guardians, I wish they added in the attractions that were originally planned for the world showcase. Epcot is dead to me. The day it died was when then added Frozen into Norway when Frozen has nothing to do with Norway.

I really don't understand why they don't open more availability for ap. I was at epcot last night and it was so empty, it was real sad actually they turned down the music in areas or turned them off all together, and without the chatter of people it just seemed so dead. And there was no park availability for ap.
There are currently 2 uproars on FB AP group: 1 of them is from Chapek's comments about APs it appears-and several people say they canceled their APs because of it (coupled with the lack of AP park availability), and 2nd one is because of the MerchPass Disney has started recently in which it appears many merch scalpers got selected for the "lottery" while dozens and dozens of people on the AP group got selected for nothing (twice). The items are all over reselling sites for triple to quintuple the prices.

I'm glad they many never finish the planned projects. I hate that they are turning Epcot into another IP based park. Instead of adding in Guardians, Moana and Guardians, I wish they added in the attractions that were originally planned for the world showcase. Epcot is dead to me. The day it died was when then added Frozen into Norway when Frozen has nothing to do with Norway.
you don't want Epcot to stay in it's current state though. It's sad. The wall situation is horrible and the amount of demolished building you can see from the old Universe of Energy to MouseGears and Innoventions is bad show

There are currently 2 uproars on FB AP group: 1 of them is from Chapek's comments about APs it appears-and several people say they canceled their APs because of it (coupled with the lack of AP park availability), and 2nd one is because of the MerchPass Disney has started recently in which it appears many merch scalpers got selected for the "lottery" while dozens and dozens of people on the AP group got selected for nothing (twice). The items are all over reselling sites for triple to quintuple the prices.
I don't really keep up with what Chapek says, can't stand to hear the guy speak to be honest, what did he say about AP?

I don't really keep up with what Chapek says, can't stand to hear the guy speak to be honest, what did he say about AP?
I don't really like Lex Luthor either. They are the on the low end of spenders that go to the parks. Its why in my mind they haven't really opened up more spots for AP holders.

I don't really like Lex Luthor either. They are the on the low end of spenders that go to the parks. Its why in my mind they haven't really opened up more spots for AP holders.
a well, that's no lie, at least in my AP case. Obviously local AP won't spend as much money as an out of state AP that needs a room and food. I don't fault them for trying to get rid of local APs but for those of us who are still here, opening up availability when no one else would take it seems like a smart move. I may not spend hundreds of dollars each time I go but I will end up eating something, that's $10-$20 they didn't have before

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter