Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had no issues at either airport experience. But I’ve also heard horror stories from people, specifically Denver which is a big hub city.

I live in Denver and flew SW from Denver to MCO. No issues at DIA other than the train being too full from security to the gates so I just waited for the next one. MCO definitely had lower mask compliance... surprisingly even the SW gate agent there had her mask below her nose as she was announcing boarding groups and mask rules... crazy. I will say that MCO was much more empty than DIA though so keeping distance from the people refusing to wear their masks at the gate seating area was easier, even if it did mean I had to change seats twice in that area. Once on the plane it was less than a third full so I had no one sitting in the row in front of me or beside me or across the aisle from me.

I got tested four days after my flight home to Denver per the guidance given by the urgent care near my house. Quick and easy process and got the results via email the following evening. Negative which was a relief!

I live in Denver and flew SW from Denver to MCO. No issues at DIA other than the train being too full from security to the gates so I just waited for the next one. MCO definitely had lower mask compliance... surprisingly even the SW gate agent there had her mask below her nose as she was announcing boarding groups and mask rules... crazy. I will say that MCO was much more empty than DIA though so keeping distance from the people refusing to wear their masks at the gate seating area was easier, even if it did mean I had to change seats twice in that area. Once on the plane it was less than a third full so I had no one sitting in the row in front of me or beside me or across the aisle from me.

I got tested four days after my flight home to Denver per the guidance given by the urgent care near my house. Quick and easy process and got the results via email the following evening. Negative which was a relief!

There were quite a few reports in July where DIA was packed and the car rental lines were absurd. My comment wasn’t meant to be a dig, I lived in Denver for 10 years up until a few years ago and DIA is one of my favorite airports, especially when they set the light rail up. But it was always busy. I know it’s the hub for Frontier and Southwest and I think a few others and that’s a big reason why the airport is always crowded

I was shocked at how crowded the Southwest terminal was at STL. Our flight to MCO was full at two thirds capacity.

MCO was pretty empty when we landed.

I was shocked at how crowded the Southwest terminal was at STL. Our flight to MCO was full at two thirds capacity.

MCO was pretty empty when we landed.

Same experience here - my flight to MCO was almost two thirds full although I was I think the only person who lucked out and had an entire row to myself... maybe I smelled... new strategy if so! 🤣

There were quite a few reports in July where DIA was packed and the car rental lines were absurd. My comment wasn’t meant to be a dig, I lived in Denver for 10 years up until a few years ago and DIA is one of my favorite airports, especially when they set the light rail up. But it was always busy. I know it’s the hub for Frontier and Southwest and I think a few others and that’s a big reason why the airport is always crowded

Yes, it's been one of the busiest airports for awhile - and the ongoing construction drama definitely hasn't helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter