Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like outside of SAB all the pools at any DVC will be open? I really like the idea of no resort hopping too.

Someone stop me from weakening and using that single reservation for The Riviera 7/8-7/10 and try and if the AP previews line up.
But modified character buffet and feature pool with no resort hopping.... It’s on an AP discount...I so wanted to try out the Riviera...must...resist.
If my dates were 7/8-7/10 and I had a Platinum AP and it didn't require too much travel I'd definitely do it.

I'm Riv 7/4 just for a night though, and I'm a lowly local Weekday AP but we are less than 2 hour drive so on the very slim chance the preview is for all AP I'd totally go.

I can’t tell if you actually want to be stopped or encouraged 😂. Can I do both?

You got a great discount that may or may not happen again, but also Riviera has pretty high rack rates to begin with so you’re still paying a fair amount for a less than full experience. It’s a good time to really soak up the resort, but you also may not get the full effect if the Skyliner isn’t running and you aren’t going to parks. Modified character meal would be a plus for us TBH, you get to “see” them but can enjoy your meal without having to time the visits properly.

Can you confirm by the 12th and still back out if AP previews are your dealbreaker?
I don’t believe I need to confirm since it’s DVC, even though I’m cash? I honestly don’t know if I want to be encouraged or discouraged! We had all fully prepared ourselves for Disney being a no go. But we had also planned a toppolinos and I had just assumed those would not be available at all.

Previews are a definite deal breaker though.

Disney has their ways...ugh! :)

My guess is
1) locals
2) APs
3) Disney freaks with a complete morbid fascination with this "new normal"
I'd be okay with the new normal for a short curiosity visit .. but with so many cuts and changes .. I just can't do it at the "old normal" price.s

So many modifications .. I understand some people are still going to go, but man .. who is going to go during these times?

I’m going for a few night with the wife for a little getaway. No parks. Just dinner or room service. I have expiring DVC points that need to be used. Otherwise there is zero chance that I would go.

If my dates were 7/8-7/10 and I had a Platinum AP and it didn't require too much travel I'd definitely do it.

I'm Riv 7/4 just for a night though, and I'm a lowly local Weekday AP but we are less than 2 hour drive so on the very slim chance the preview is for all AP I'd totally go.
We are 1800 miles away and we drive, but...Our original trip had included heading to the dark side for a day plus a few days at St Augustine. So now my brain is whirring...4th for St Augustine, a couple of days at Universal, then a couple of days at Disney.
I am most definitely not getting excited this time, but I guess at least for the moment, I’m back in the game. Just have to see what happens with previews.

this is on one of the WDW pages, not sure if it has already been shared

Virtual Chat With a Resort Cast Member

Beginning June 22, you can chat with a Resort Cast Member via the My Disney Experience app for assistance during your stay. This new feature will offer convenient support nearly anytime—so there’s no need to visit the Lobby or stand in line.

So, does the resort reservations doesn’t guarantee park entrance mean they aren’t giving resort guests first dibs on reservations, or just that even though you have first dibs, there’s still no guarantee?

I have long forgotten whether the first dibs was official or rumor!

I bet they aren't willing to guarantee resort guests access to the parks because I bet they are anticipating having issues guaranteeing access to specific parks and they want to manage expectations. I imagine once the reservation system is in place, it's going to be a lot harder to get a reservation at MK than say Epcot or DHS (especially if SWGE doesn't open at the same time as DHS does). I bet almost all resort guests will be able A park, but not necessarily the one they want to as often as they want. There are almost certainly going to be people who come down after opening only to find out that they won't be able to visit MK for the entire length of their stay.

Resort guests may get priority for reserving parks in general, but Disney also knows that not all 4 parks are equal or have equal appeal. Even if they manage to reduce their resort occupancy so that every resort guest could go to a park every day, that's not going to change the fact that every day the reservation system is in place reservations are likely to be significantly harder to get at MK than any other park. Also, given that most people don't plan out their WDW trips the way people here do, there are going to be people that don't take advantage of the first dibs on reservations. I have multiple friends who have planned WDW trips, many well within ADR/FP+ windows who simply ignore those windows (and my advice) and show up with nothing in hand, and then come back stressed out from the experience.

Essentially, I would imagine that its not that resort guests won't get first dibs, its just that Disney isn't only going to give resort guests first dibs (and also open up reservations to non-priority guests as well after the priority period) and they won't guarantee park access to resort guests that don't take advantage of the priority park reservation window and also won't guarantee access to a specific park within the priority window.

Our dates start July 15, FQ. Our party is two rooms. If we are moved with no choice, what If they place us at different resorts? One room is booked in my name, and the other my oldest daughter who is 22 and has her own MDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!