Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

we got the email. CR club level July 2 to 5, tried to call to see if we could move to the campground with our RV. on hold for an hour, music went dead and got the survey. needless to say...all 1s. hit the continue button to say we were coming and no further selections allowed. said they would contact us. not paying CR CL rates for a DVC studio so we shall see what is what if they call. Getting a little ticked with Disney right about now. Luckily the rest of our reservations for the year until Thanksgiving are already at the campground

After more Family discussions, LOL, I just dropped some days at BCV and replaced with BWV so we aren’t stuck for 9 flippin’ days at BCV without SAB. That way, we hedge our bets. If SAB opens, we will have a couple days to enjoy. If not, Clownie, here we come! 😂 It makes us move resorts an extra time but that’s ok.

Whew, I shall now shut up on the SAB saga and return to anxiety for SWGE opening.

interestingly, or not, the dropped days at BCV never went back into inventory. Bet Disney is hoarding.

Yes, I just dropped two studios :-(

Two things I’m curious about.
1. What does this all mean for Disney partner hotels like Swan & Dolphin resort. I have a room booked at the Dolphin and most of the chatter I’m hearing say that partner resorts are counted as “on site” Disney resorts.
2. The line about needing a room reservation or dinning reservation to enter a resort, what about quick service dinning? I’m thinking the options on the boardwalk for example.

I have a question and don’t know if I missed it earlier in the thread or it hasn’t been asked. I booked a room through expedia at Grand Destino tower during the week of September 20-27. As I understand it, the NBA is probably going to be using that resort there during those dates. I have the reservation linked on MDE, have added park tickets, and mickey’s not so scary tickets. Would I be moved, or because technically it’s a third party booking will it be handled differently?

Sure sounds like they may intend on opening up more resorts by 7/5, removing the need to move people. My track record is horrid, but I think it’s odd to remove the upgrades just because of previews. And it seems awfully early to start them. I had assumed preview would be right before opening and no more than 3-4 days at most in total.
How does preview work? Is it only open to AP holders?

1. What does this all mean for Disney partner hotels like Swan & Dolphin resort. I have a room booked at the Dolphin and most of the chatter I’m hearing say that partner resorts are counted as “on site” Disney resorts.
2. The line about needing a room reservation or dinning reservation to enter a resort, what about quick service dinning? I’m thinking the options on the boardwalk for example.

Good question on BW. I can’t imagine they stop people staying at BWV and BCV (and eventually anything else open around crescent lake) from just walking the loop. Or maybe they will? They’ve surprised us before. They’d have to patrol each BW food location/store that’s open if not.

Good question on BW. I can’t imagine they stop people staying at BWV and BCV (and eventually anything else open around crescent lake) from just walking the loop. Or maybe they will? They’ve surprised us before. They’d have to patrol each BW food location/store that’s open if not.
I can't imagine the stopping people from BCV from going to say the BW bakery or pizza window. From what I understand the quick serve at BC is very limited.

Yea I'm wondering the same as well. I have a July 18-25 trip booked at the dolphin and really just tossing my hands up at what will happen haha.

So I understand you can’t visit other resorts. How will they assure this? Will they scan magic bands before you board the bus at the parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!