Cruise Deals?

zzotto

Wilderness Lodge Fans
We are members of the DVC. We are wondering if it is better to pay cash for the cruise or use our points.

Can anyone tell us where to get the best deals for the cruises if we opt to pay instead of using our points? Has anyone waited until the last minute to get a good deal?

Thanks in advance!!

zzotto

zzotto,

I noticed that noone had responded to your question, so I thought I'd respond with our personal opinion.

We used points for our first cruise in 11/01 they were running a special. I think it was something like 476 pts for the four of us. I have to say that the cruise in no way disappointed us. However, we do not think it was a good use of points. We gave up a 2 week Christmas/New Year's vacation in a 2 bedroom at Old Key West. Cruise accomodations do not compared to DVC accomodations, but the activities are free on board.

We are booked on our second cruise in 3/04; paying cash. Granted it has taken me 2 years to pay for it. Good luck in making your decision either way it will be worth it.

I also am a DVC member and feel that it is not worth the points. We are cruise in March and have many relatives going. They all booked through Costco. I wish we had. You have to have a membership, but prices were lower than others. Also try Orbitz.

We've paid point/cash for 2 cruises and won't anymore. We can receive a better deal by being Florida residents. Plus we use our points too fast to begin with. :rolleyes:

I don't belong to Costco's, but am a Sams Club member. I was going to use Dreams Unl. - did you check them?

From my experience...

For Disney cruises - All Seas Travel has great rates

For all other cruiselines - cruisequick.com has great rates. Just used them for a RCCL cruise.

zzotto,

I have read on these boards that some DVC members "rent" their points to other people and then use that cash to purchase their cruise. I think the Dis DVC board has a place where you can put your points up for rent. It appears that you don't get very many discounts booking your cruise with DVC points.

bassoongirl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter