Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you- Part 2

Hi Drina,
Aug 28th? If so, me too!!!

Hi,
That's cool! Well we will learn the ways of the Disney Dream Cruise together. My DS11 will be with my as well as my Sister, mom and nieces. I am getting so excited the closer it gets. I am supposed to be packing this weekend and I will be at a soccer field all weekend for a tournament.

Wow, that is awesome, time to get a Target charge card.

When we went to WDW and the cruise in 2014, I bought $2,000 worth of gift cards using my charge for the 5% (be warned, you are only allowed to buy $150 at one time), so we ended up getting $100 free -- that's a nice character meal free at Disney, or a free excursion. :thumbsup2

Hi,
That's cool! Well we will learn the ways of the Disney Dream Cruise together. My DS11 will be with my as well as my Sister, mom and nieces. I am getting so excited the closer it gets. I am supposed to be packing this weekend and I will be at a soccer field all weekend for a tournament.

Drina,
this is number 9 for me!!! Just tracking the weather! getting nervous about it!

Drina,
this is number 9 for me!!! Just tracking the weather! getting nervous about it!

Yes, I was tracking the weather as well, but I am going to make the best of what I get. I don't want to let the weather damper my vacation. We will be in Orlando the weekend before the cruise.

When we went to WDW and the cruise in 2014, I bought $2,000 worth of gift cards using my charge for the 5% (be warned, you are only allowed to buy $150 at one time), so we ended up getting $100 free -- that's a nice character meal free at Disney, or a free excursion. :thumbsup2

Wow awesome!

Wow, that is awesome, time to get a Target charge card.

Actually, it's the Red Card that is linked to your checking account and acts as a debit card. 5% off all purchases + other stuff (free shipping..). Big deal though: 5% off Disney Gift cards. Usually find them In the aisle near CDs & movies.

I'm not sure about the $150 number. I routinely purchase $400 or $500 at a time at Target.

I have been looking at the weather and it might be raining, what do they do when it is raining? Are all the outside shows cancelled? Do they shutdown the Aqua Duck?

I have been looking at the weather and it might be raining, what do they do when it is raining? Are all the outside shows cancelled? Do they shutdown the Aqua Duck?
Depends. On how hard it's raining, and what time it's actually raining at.

Yes, I was tracking the weather as well, but I am going to make the best of what I get. I don't want to let the weather damper my vacation. We will be in Orlando the weekend before the cruise.

Same here. I have asked our office meteorologist to copy me on his advisories. Right now the current storm is breaking up. Fingers crossed for 3 more weeks.

Actually, it's the Red Card that is linked to your checking account and acts as a debit card. 5% off all purchases + other stuff (free shipping..). Big deal though: 5% off Disney Gift cards. Usually find them In the aisle near CDs & movies.

My Target charge card is red, but it is not linked to my checking account and is not a debit card -- it is just a plain old charge card ;)

I'm not sure about the $150 number. I routinely purchase $400 or $500 at a time at Target.

I was talking about purchasing them online -- but maybe that has changed since I last did it in 2014. At that time you could only buy $150 online at a time.

My little thing is, and I learned it on the Disboards, I bring several cupholders from Starbucks (or any fast food place). We love to hang on the balcony in our room and have snacks and drinks, and it is tricky carrying sodas on the trays. I Love love love my cupholders. People have asked where I got them from... Home!!

Very clever, we'll have to do that!

The Target credit card also gives you 5% off Disney gift cards (not just their debit card).

I purchased $600 of Disney GCs at Target last week

My Target charge card is red, but it is not linked to my checking account and is not a debit card -- it is just a plain old charge card ;)

Yesterday, we noticed our local Target only had a handful of $25 Disney Gift Cards for sale. Instead of lots of Disney Gift Cards, they had a substantial supply of Disneyland Resort park ticket vouchers for sale. We haven't seen that product in our area before. Has anyone else noticed this at their stores? Is this a general trend? Or is this just a temporary market test in our area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter