Cruise Wedding Package Change/Photography

Syreeta

Earning My Ears
Hey DISers!

I noticed the Disney Fairytale Weddings for Cruises has changed. One the price increased and I also noticed they may have changed the photography aspect. I know many of couples bring their own photographer but that is not an option for me. Does anyone know the pricing of the ship photographer or photo packages? Also its unclear to me whether with the "new" package if the photographer is still apart of the package. I think you used to get an hour. TIA

Photography has never been part of the Cruise package. Shutters' add-on packages ranged from $349–$999 last I checked, with an extra charge of $399 for just the digital images. When you get your planning kit from Disney it will have the current prices in it.

Photography is not included. Basically you can pay $349-$549 and have only printed images. You can pay $999 to include digital or purchase the digital separately. After lots of research and feedback, and even their own representative suggested bringing our own photographer. However, I can't afford that because we went for the in park shoots instead.

So we're bringing my very nice camera, trusting it to a friend, and hoping for the best.

Thanks for clarifying. Is there a fee for the photographer to show up? I always understood you had to pay for the prints or digital but thought the one hour service of the photographer was included in the package price. I'm already "treating" the family to the Disney Cruise Wedding/Honeymoon so bringing a photographer is out of the question. I really should be looking at another cruise line but I'm in LOVE with Disney Cruising. The day will be special no matter what but I'm trying to nail down the budgeting for the next year.

To my understanding, the only way to have a photographer show up is to schedule one of the add on prices. So the cheapest way to do that is to do the $349 and you get so many prints.

I worked with a couple who brought me along to photograph their DCL wedding and it was actually fairly affordable for them since it was a shorter cruise. It was important to them to have nice photos to look back on and I know the quality from Shutters is unreliable. I can share more details on how we did it if you'd like to know more!

I worked with a couple who brought me along to photograph their DCL wedding and it was actually fairly affordable for them since it was a shorter cruise. It was important to them to have nice photos to look back on and I know the quality from Shutters is unreliable. I can share more details on how we did it if you'd like to know more!

Thank you for the kind offer. We are on a six night- open loop cruise. It has been my experience that photographers need the price of the cruise paid in order to take the job. That simply is out of our budget. Photography is important to us but we're likely to go with Shutters as it does fit our budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts