Cruise with 11 year old and 14 year old..use of multiple kids areas?

daflobber

Earning My Ears
First time cruiser, first time poster in the forum so please excuse me if this has been discussed...

We are heading out on the Disney Wonder for a 7 night, Eastern Caribbean Cruise in February 2018 with our 11 and 14 year old daughters. I'm wondering how the access to the different kids/tween/teen areas work for my kids who happen to straddle the 3 different age ranges. There's a 3-12 year old kids area, a 11-14 year old tween area and a 14 and older teen area. Can my 11 year old go to both the kid and tween areas anytime and can my 14 year old go to both the tween and teen area? Do they/we have to select one or the other for each of them? It would be great for the girls to experience both areas based on their ages. I've heard that it's strict with only the specific age group allowed in each area. I'm sure my 14 year old would love to hang in the teen areas while my 11 year old goes the kid areas but also go together to the tween area at times.

Any help is really appreciated!

They can go back and forth, no need to choose. My daughter was 11 on our last cruise. We registered her in the lab/club b/c we knew she'd want to go there at times with her younger brother, and then we popped into Edge to get her set up there as well. She felt a little out of it in Edge, being on the bottom end of the age range and shy at that, but I doubt that you have that issue since your youngest has her older sister to try it out with.

If they're in the age group of multiple spaces they can use both those spaces. They can go as much or little as they like. They can go in and out as much as they like.
If they want to hang out in the spaces that they're not the right age for e.g. 11 year old in vibe or the 14 year old in the lab, they can do that together in open house too.
Just remember that you want to make the 11 year old a self check out from the club/lab if you want them to be able to leave without you having to go and get them.

You've hit the child-age jackpot! Between your two daughters they can go to all the kids clubs! So they can be together in Edge or apart in the other two clubs. The Navigators will tell you what is going on in which club when. They might find some of the scheduled activities to be very interesting. Or they can just "hang out" there.

And maybe you can have a little time to check out the adult areas!

Jackpot!

Wow. That is great! I initially thought we hit the "child-age" jackpot but then thought I read/heard something about kids only getting to go to 1 "club" but that doesn't sound like that is how it works. My kids will be so happy to explore both of the "clubs" that their age allows.

How does the Open House work for us to check out these different areas? Is it just one time during the cruise for a short amount of time? I'm a huge Disney/Marvel/Star Wars geek and want to get to see some of the things the kids get to do.

Thanks!

Open house is just that- open for any and all guests. The first day is open house until dinner at all clubs, then it is at selected times throughout, typically during port days there are some in the morning, but for the OC/OL (3-12) one side remains secure programming during the open house. The Edge and Lab are not secure programming - the kids can come and go as they please at all times when they are open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter