Cruisecritic.com message boards

Luckymommyx2

Wishing you a magical day
Has anyone used these boards for info on other cruise lines? I wanted to get some information on a possible transatlantic cruise next year so I decided to try their message boards. Let me tell you that it is NO DIS boards!!! :earseek: People are very quick to start debates and jump on one another over very petty things. I quickly decided I would lurk and not post. Maybe it just happened to be the posts that I chose to read but it was enough to scare a person off!! (Back to the safe haven of DIS boards;) )

I am really surprised to read that you had a bad experience on the CC site. I've posted on there before (only Disney Cruising mind you) never had any problems. We've even sailed with some great folks that I've met on there.

Dis'ers are the greatest.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

i have been lurking the boards too esp holland america and i agree that they are not very nice. hot topics are dress code and kids. after awhile, you get to know the "regulars" and i just tune them out. the disney line is pretty civil, though. i've tried other cruise sites, but this is the most active and can be the most informative. just hang in there and ignore the regulars.

Thanks for the suggestions. It has been awhile since I lurked over there and you're right maps, most of the topics I read dealt with kids. I was mostly on the RCCL thread and I briefly went to the DCL threads but I was getting discouraged even there when reading about the kids' clubs. It wasn't benefiting me so I stopped reading and decided that my kids will have a great time in the kids clubs or with my husband and I. No need to stress. :cool:

We have traveled on Carnival before, which has a very nice kids club and seems to encourage family cruising. Well, I read posts and posted on the CC Carnival board and I was amazed at the responses to questions concerning kids -- essentially saying that you are selfish to bring kids with you on a cruise! I was amazed. I was thrilled to discover DCL and DIS where others shared our love of cruising -- with the family and respond to questions in a friendly, helpful manner.

I do want to add, though, the Ports of Call area on CC is very helpful. Especially since you can go right to the island or port that you are visiting and read suggestions on sites, tours, and exploring on your own.:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter