CS or CBR with 4 teen boys?

smvdelv

Mouseketeer
I will be staying 2 nights in a moderate with 4 teen boys (15 and 18) before our DVC stay at BCV. Which one will the boys like better?
We can't get into POR, so I'm trying to decide between CS and CBR. We will just be hanging out at the resort, so this is what is important in our decision making - pool, arcade, food court, waterfront activities (particularly water mice). HELP!!!!!!!

While there are many, many people here who love CBR, we absolutely hated it. We were supposed to stay there for a week, but after 1 night we left and went to the WL. We were in Jamaica, but it was as far away as possible. We had to cross over that little island to get to the Towne Center and the island was covered with horrible smelling bird poop. Our bathroom door wouldn't shut all the way and the tub was mildewy. I know it's been renovated since then, but I have no desire to ever go back.

On the other hand, the more I see of CSR, the more I like it. I haven't stayed there, but I've gone there to eat at both the Pepper Market and Maya Grill and to tour a Jr. Suite and take pictures. I'm hoping to go back the end of June and get some close-up pictures of the pool (which is supposed to have a very cool slide).

Pictures of CSR.
There are links at the top of the page that will show you around the resort.

Pictures of CBR.

I would recommend CBR. There are the water mice, beaches, volleyball, the arcade is great.

It depends on what you want to be close to as far as what village to recommend.

I have many pictures of CBR on my web site. We just got back last week from a stay at CBR.

I recommend CSR

2 arcades, one by the main pool
volleyball
largest hot tub on property
water mice
surrey bikes
a gym (older teens)

Check out my CSR website below

I don't think teen boys care one way or the other about a resort's "theming". I was going to say CBR, but the slide there is VERY babyish-I felt really silly going down it. Most kids going down were less than 10yo. CSR has a GREAT water slide (better than AKL's) and I think the more "grown-up" atmosphere of the resort would be better suited.

I would go for Coronado Springs. The pool has a much better slide for teen boys. There are also two arcades, volleyball, health club, giant whirlpool, bike rentals, water mice rentals and beaches.

I found the hot tub to be overrun with little kids at CSR. All the other things you can do at CBR except the gym.

You will have a great time no matter which one you stay at. I will be at CSR later this week. Not my choice but I will enjoy my stay anyway.

I love CBR and CSR and find both to be great. CBR has slightly larger rooms and two sinks in the vanity. CSR has a bit smaller rooms and one sink in the vanity. This may, or may not be of any concern to teen age boys. The main pool at CSR is bigger and more interesting and has a much longer slide. Both places have boats in their lakes but CBR has a bigger lake.
If it were me I would take them to CSR for the pool and slide.

Although I prefer CBR myself, I think in your situation CSR would be better. It does have the best pool of any of the moderates, and some think it's the best period. Even those who disagree with that (like me), do agree that it is better than many of the deluxe resorts.

I'd say CBR for a couple of reasons. The theme is great! Aside from the main pools, there are pools in each island. They have boating and biking activities, an arcade and Old Port Royale. Our favorite island is Martinique. It is close to Old Port Royale but it's not noisy and busy. There are hammocks on the beaches and it's a fun resort to stroll around and relax. Enjoy your stay wherever you decide to go!

I had made the move from ASMo to CSR (thanks to the good advice from this group). I couldn't get a standard at CSR though so we booked a water view for $99/night. We usually have the curtains closed so I didn't want to pay for a view. I just called CRO and there is still no standards at CSR, but I did get a standard at CBR. We're only there 2 nights, but it saved us $33!

I am happy to see so many fans of CBR! My kids are 8 & 10 so hopefully they will like the shorter slide. We've never been to CBR, but have been to CSR and loved it. I love the Carribean, so CBR sounds great. I requested non-smoking, close to main theme pool and an upper floor (I'm a very light sleeper).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter