Currency

I believe I have read on these boards in tha past, that American dollars are excepted as currency. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

They do accept American currency, but I suggest that you bring smaller bills if you plan on paying for items in cash. I bought something in Grand Cayman, and was given their currency as change. (Fortunately, it was just their version of our pennies.) I wouldn't have been thrilled if I was given back paper change.

While merchandise is reasonable, beware the exchange rate in Grand Cayman when it comes to food. We stopped for drinks/appetizers, and the price was quite steep when converted to our currency.

If you charge items, I suggest that you stick to the Disney recommended stores. Just an FYI, they convert the charge amount to pesos while in Cozumel.

I strongly reccomend the Passporter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line and its Caribbean Ports of Call. It will answer 99% of your questions and I use it continually.

The money used in the Grand Cayman's is the Cayman Islands Dollar(=$1.25 US) according to the book. But I do believe that most if not all the Islands that Disney goes to are big tourist ports and they generally except US dollars as well and major credit cards.

The money in Cozumel is the Nuevo Peso ($10 Pesos=$1 U.S.)

Most of the prices for cabs and such in the passporter are listed in US dollars so I am pretty sure you don't have to get the foreign currency. We never did in the Bahamas but liked when we got change so we would have souveniers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter