Current Cancellation Policy?

Anyone still have the email that talks about points not going into holding if canceling less than 31 days? I just freaking out here after seeing today’s numbers coming out of Florida. Pretty sure we’re canceling now.

Anyone still have the email that talks about points not going into holding if canceling less than 31 days? I just freaking out here after seeing today’s numbers coming out of Florida. Pretty sure we’re canceling now.

The latest update did not include that information and it isn’t in the official policy now.

But, it is still being allowed. I don’t have that email any longer.

I just called today to cancel a Villas Grand Californian reservation over Labor Day Weekend since between the latest Covid19 announcements, the fact that there is no definite reopening date and the lodges at Yosemite have been canceling peoples reservations with less than 24 hours notice, I've finally reached my level of too much uncertainty.

I was told points would NOT be unborrowed, as despite Disneyland's latest announcement the latest word Member Services has had is that the Grand Californian will reopen July 23rd, and that the unborrowing policy only applies if resorts are still closed.

To be fair, the cast member did not seem to be the most experienced, so I may try again later to see if I get a different answer.
I have an email from yesterday from someone in Member Services stating that holding is waived and that points will be returned if they had been borrowed. All of that may take up to 15 days it said. That is what they put out 3 months ago, so unless I missed something today, I would trust what they've said for the last few months.

In the same boat. I have a month before I’d have to cancel but I definitely don’t want the points in holding. Cancellation is looking more likely every day, due to Florida’s apparently uncontrolled infection rate.

I’ll plan to cancel within 31 days unless I hear otherwise, but even if I do they can change it at any time without notice.

Data point - canceled VGC for July 23 and 30th two weeks ago - points were borrowed. They swept back to original UY automatically after 7 days. 6 points were left that were banked, then borrowed (they did that somehow) , and needed a quick chat to remedy without issue.

Quick question/concern - we have Aug 1-10 Aulani upcoming and concerned on the potential change of policy on waiver of holding time/points; but in our hearts trust the Mouse to do the right thing on continuing waiving the holding period until clear opening dates and times are established and confirmed.

Don’t trust the mouse we did and yup screwed us

We are victims of the Mickey Mouse greed as well for the points. They canceled are 2 week trip than said we need to use by January or lose.

Booking for November since we have too. Do I plan on wearing masks 100% of the time no. As for listing to their rules they lost that right when they treated me like a paycheck and not like family as they claim we are. So when I want a drink I will and as for sitting down a cm can get me a chair if they wish. Because it’s to hot and to drink only when you sit is bs.

Keith

We are victims of the Mickey Mouse greed as well for the points. They canceled are 2 week trip than said we need to use by January or lose.

Booking for November since we have too. Do I plan on wearing masks 100% of the time no. As for listing to their rules they lost that right when they treated me like a paycheck and not like family as they claim we are. So when I want a drink I will and as for sitting down a cm can get me a chair if they wish. Because it’s to hot and to drink only when you sit is bs.

Keith

Were they banked February 2019?

Don‘t give the cm’s a hard time, it’s not their fault.

We booked a 11 months out so no they where not banked till Disney canceled our trip In June of this year now we must go or lose those points value to us. As fo treating cast members. I will treat them just like I have been treated. If you ask why the answer is simple treat me bad get the same in return. I refuse to be a mat to walk on any longer.
Don’t like my I answer than voice my disdain And others for this unfair policy to those who might listen.

We booked a 11 months out so no they where not banked till Disney canceled our trip In June of this year now we must go or lose those points value to us. As fo treating cast members. I will treat them just like I have been treated. If you ask why the answer is simple treat me bad get the same in return. I refuse to be a mat to walk on any longer.
Don’t like my I answer than voice my disdain And others for this unfair policy to those who might listen.

If you have a Feb UY and they were not banked, then they would be 2020 UY points in order to be used for June

I’m confused why you can’t bank them in to your 2021 UY as the banking deadline Isn’t until end of September?

Keith
Don’t be a jerk. The rules are in place to protect everyone. Giving a CM a hard time because they are enforcing rules that they didn’t write makes you you kind of self-serving, crass guest that the rest of us cringe to encounter.
You are not a mat for CMs to walk on. You never have been and you are not one now. If I feel any disdain it isn’t for the banking policy. It’s for people who somehow feel that they are justified in directing their ire at an innocent CM who is just doing their job. Your job was to keep abreast of the policies regarding your points and banking deadlines. No one...I repeat NO ONE...has been allowed to bank their points after their deadline has passed, even though Disney cancelled their reservation . You’re not special. Don’t act like you are. Go ahead and be angry with the policy. But don’t direct your venom at a CM. Let the people who can actually do something about it hear your complaints.

Disney screwed a lot of people including me and my family.
I know the virus is not there fault , but they could have communicated changes much faster and not left people hanging.
If I had better info before booking my room I would have chosen to go with RCI.
All the changes came after we booked our flights .
Right after like 2 days no tickets being sold and then no magical express, no dining plan(check out the price increases in the restaurants) insane. Over night huge increase in AP's
All about the $$$ never thought they would react like they have to their solid base customers. DVC members

I know the virus is not there fault , but they could have communicated changes much faster and not left people hanging.
Right after like 2 days no tickets being sold and then no magical express, no dining plan(check out the price increases in the restaurants) insane. Over night huge increase in AP's
All about the $$$ never thought they would react like they have to their solid base customers. DVC members

...Magical Express is still operating.

I think the last AP increase was back in January or February, before this all happened.

in terms of the cancel of tickets and DDP, that didn’t happen until two months after they were closed down and on the day that the announced the July 11th open date....and ticket sales are back up and running now,

I know it’s frustrating the changes that came about, but they did at least coincide with the announcement for when the park would be reopening.

Does anyone know if they are still not putting points into holding for cancelled trips <30 days out? I couldn't find any mention of this on their website.

Does anyone know if they are still not putting points into holding for cancelled trips <30 days out? I couldn't find any mention of this on their website.

Last I knew, they were. Where you will see it is when you go to cancel the trip, before you hit okay. It mentions points being returned without penalty.

I assume its like that so that when they do stop, it’s easy and I doubt we get notice. If unsure, call MS first.

Thanks. I did chat with a CM, and they said they not currently putting points into holding accounts for cancelled reservations <30 days out. She also said that is only a temporary policy change, and could not confirm how much longer that would be in effect. She also said not to expect any correspondence from DVC when the policy reverts back to normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!