Current housekeeping and security check status

connie254

Disney fanatic
I know housekeeping isn't doing their usual cleaning right now, but are they coming into the rooms at all, like to bring in towels or other things? And are the daily security checks still happening? Just wondering, so when we do go back, and go back to the room for any reason, will we be bothered.

We had housekeeping bring towels and do trash every other day. We were in the room taking a nap when there was a security check. Major freaking buzzkill. We were not dressed and she just let herself in despite the hanger on the door.

The housekeeping every other day did a great job with towel/trash. We never wanted for anything. We did 10 nights at CBR mid to late august.

We had housekeeping bring towels and do trash every other day. We were in the room taking a nap when there was a security check. Major freaking buzzkill. We were not dressed and she just let herself in despite the hanger on the door.

The housekeeping every other day did a great job with towel/trash. We never wanted for anything. We did 10 nights at CBR mid to late august.

Just curious on the nap interruption . . . Did you have both the deadbolt and the security latch in place? They have a key to the deadbolt, but shouldn’t have been able to override the security latch, at least, not quickly. So far, I haven’t heard any reports of housekeeping overriding the security latch, but I like to keep current.

The only thing I minded about the new housekeeping schedule was they didn’t change the sheets at all for an 11 night stay. I suppose I could have called, but if I do, are they going to just drop off the linens and expect me to change the bed, or will they change the bed? I have enough trouble with fitted sheets. I would never be able to make up a bed with flat sheets on the mattress like they do.

If you request fresh bed linens, they will drop off a package of fresh sheets so you can re-make the bed(s) yourself.

That’s what I was afraid of. Maybe I should throw a fitted sheet from home in my suitcase . . .

Just curious on the nap interruption . . . Did you have both the deadbolt and the security latch in place? They have a key to the deadbolt, but shouldn’t have been able to override the security latch, at least, not quickly. So far, I haven’t heard any reports of housekeeping overriding the security latch, but I like to keep current.

The only thing I minded about the new housekeeping schedule was they didn’t change the sheets at all for an 11 night stay. I suppose I could have called, but if I do, are they going to just drop off the linens and expect me to change the bed, or will they change the bed? I have enough trouble with fitted sheets. I would never be able to make up a bed with flat sheets on the mattress like they do.

The security latch was not done. It was late in the day, nearly 6pm, so I thought certainly it occurred in the 8 hours we were out of the room! Around night 7 they did remake the beds for us but they did not change the sheets I believe. My bf and I booked a standard so we alternated between beds so each bed only got 5 nights of sleep so it didn't bother me too much having just one set.

We would want fresh towels every day. I guess I will just have to call for them on a daily basis. I know they are cutting down the housekeeping because of the Covid, but I think this will be the new schedule from here out, long after the Covid is gone.

We would want fresh towels every day. I guess I will just have to call for them on a daily basis. I know they are cutting down the housekeeping because of the Covid, but I think this will be the new schedule from here out, long after the Covid is gone.

They gave us A LOT of towels. Granted, we were two people in a four person room, but we used 3-4 towels per day and always had at least 2 fresh towels leftover before they came to replace.

From what I understand, hotels do security checks as a precaution because of the mass shooting in Vegas. The killer was in the room for days with "Do Not Disturb" tag on the door. No one checked on him and he was plotting - breaking out windows and readying his guns.

Oh interesting. I'll have to ask my sister if the hotel she works in does it. Do you know if other places do this or is it a Disney and probably Vegas thing?
So I asked my sister and she laughed and said if they did that at her hotel the people would blow up on them.

Last edited:
Oh interesting. I'll have to ask my daughter if the hotel she works in does it. Do you know if other places do this or is it a Disney and probably Vegas thing?

ALL hotels reserve the right to check rooms. Most just aren't as open about it.

It also checks for signs of human trafficking.

Oh interesting. I'll have to ask my daughter if the hotel she works in does it. Do you know if other places do this or is it a Disney and probably Vegas thing?
I don’t know about ALL hotels, but I was in a DC suburb hotel last year and left the do not disturb on my door all week (because I don’t like people in my room) and they sent someone to check on me once and said it was because I’d had the sign up for days on end.

All major chains (Hilton, Marriott, Disney) instituted this as a policy after Vegas. I'm sure it varies at smaller, boutique hotels but I am happy they have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!