Current incentives for RIV?

Can_Dannn

Mouseketeer
Wondering what current incentives are, or what other buyers have got?
A while ago, they were selling RIV fixed week at discount- is this still going on?

Buying direct in a few months, andkeep bouncing back between AKL and RIV... my gut keeps going to RIV, but I’m nervous

They weren’t selling the FW at a discount over the normal points. What they were doing was allowing FW to qualify for the same incentives a normal purchase qualified for (though the FW is sold with a 10% premium of points needed).

FW can be a good hedge against point movements or hard to get rooms. So that 10% premium can be worth it.

I don’t actually know the current incentives though the price does go up to 195 a point on 1/29/2019 and expect the incentives to change then too. Usually around 125 points is where incentives start and is $300, for current members. New purchasers are starting at $500 incentive with 150 points.

Last edited:
Price for RIV is going up at the end of the month to $195. I am sure it will be accompanied by new incentives, but they may not be better. Sales for December were pretty strong.

Not sure about fixed week discounts, but I thought I remember reading it still applies.

Here is what is current but you’d have to call to get FW info or discounts over 300 points.

Current AKV and RIV owner here. We had this same issue when looking to add on more points. Logic pointed to AKV but my heart wanted RIV. The majority of my point were resale so going direct was a little painful. In the end I decided on a small contract at RIV which we could bank and borrow every 2 to 3 years.

Price for RIV is going up at the end of the month to $195. I am sure it will be accompanied by new incentives, but they may not be better. Sales for December were pretty strong.

Not sure about fixed week discounts, but I thought I remember reading it still applies.

Here is what is current but you’d have to call to get FW info or discounts over 300 points.

View attachment 465366
@Sandisw do you know what the incentives are above 300 points? I remember on our tour there was a formula but I can't remember what it was. Thanks!

@Sandisw do you know what the incentives are above 300 points? I remember on our tour there was a formula but I can't remember what it was. Thanks!
Here is the current incentive sheet

http://www.dvcexplorer.com/qm/staticAssets/pdfs/RVA_Financing.pdf
Edit: This looks to be for Member's adding on, same as @Sandisw image. I'm not sure what it is for new purchasers (I can tell it's add on based on the financing rate being 8.99% with a 20% down payments, which is for add on contracts, new purchasers are at 9.99%).

Here is the current image from the Disney Vacation Club website in private mode (so it has no cache of me being a member). You can see they are better for current members still.

Wondering what current incentives are, or what other buyers have got?
A while ago, they were selling RIV fixed week at discount- is this still going on?

Buying direct in a few months, andkeep bouncing back between AKL and RIV... my gut keeps going to RIV, but I’m nervous
Current incentive for new members is what @crvetter posted above. We purchased RIV as new members on opening day and received $3250 off of 200 points.

You posted about making a return on your points in 2050. If you buy RIV direct I would have serious reservations about that possibility.

Not saying it won't be the case but every benefit of direct is gone when sell.

Do we know what the price increase will be tomorrow?

If you started the process today, you’d lock yourself into the current price and incentives. If the new price also comes with better incentives, you would be eligible for those. You just ask to re do the contract.

What would starting the process entail?

Call and say you want to buy. I think they take the deposit. When I did it,I asked if the incentives would be different, but we only priced for the 125 i was considering.

The next day, though, it worked out that going to 175 offered an even better deal.

Well I didn't do anything yesterday, too soon to make a decision, so it'll be interesting to see if there are be incentives with the price increase. If not we may just wait until Riviera becomes more common on the resale market

interesting, the member incentive, at least at the # of points we bought, is the same as the initial one we got when we bought in April, so it has the net effect of just being a price increase (to us).

What qualifies as a member? We have a blue card but we only own grandfathered resale points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter